Book appointments with minimum wait-time & verified doctor details
1. What are the common treatments of dyslipidemia?
The most common treatments include oral intake of statins. They help reduce LDL cholesterol levels by interfering with reduced cholesterol production in liver.
2. Can medicines help eliminate excess lipid in the body?
Yes, medicines like statins and other non statins help reduce cholesterol levels thus keeping dyslipidemia in check.
3. What are the various treatment options for dyslipidemia?
The primary line of treatment include oral intake of statins and other non statins like nicotinic acid, fibrates, etc. Along with oral medications lifestyle changes like healthy diet, weight loss, exercises and avoiding or limiting alcohol consumption help in treating dyslipidemia.
4. Is dyslipidemia curable with treatment?
Dyslipidemia cannot be cured completely but oral medications can help in managing the condition, thus reducing the risk of cardiovascular diseases.
5. Can a cardiologist help me in treating dyslipidaemia?
Yes, a cardiologist is the best person to guide you for dyslipidemia treatment.