15 Best Doctors for Trigeminal Neuralgia Treatment in Kolkata
Book appointments with minimum wait-time & verified doctor details
1. What is trigeminal neuralgia?
Trigeminal neuralgia is a type of chronic and painful condition affecting the trigeminal nerve. In this condition, a mild stimulation of face can cause severe pain and it is a condition.
2. What are the symptoms of trigeminal neuralgia?
Trigeminal neuralgia is characterised by the following signs:
- Severe pain along trigeminal nerve
- Shooting pain or feeling of electric shock
- Aching and burning sensation
- Mild stimulation of the face
3. Is the condition curable?
Ankylosing spondylitis is not a curable condition. However, there are treatment options available to treat the symptoms. An effective and appropriate treatment can help to cure the symptoms. It is possible to control the progress of the condition and avoid any further complications.
4. Whom should I consult if I have trigeminal neuralgia?
A neurologist/neurosurgeon needs to be consulted if you are suffering from trigeminal neuralgia.
5. How is the condition diagnosed?
The following methods are used in the diagnosis of sickle cell anemia:
- A thorough assessment of medical history
- Physical examination
- Blood tests – sickle solubility tests, blood films
- Haemoglobin electrophoresis