1. Which age group of children does a paediatric dentist treat?
A paediatric dentist treats children of the age group of around 6 months to 18 years of age.
2. Does a pediatric dentist deal with straightening of teeth?
Yes, a pediatric dentist deals with straightening of teeth too. He corrects an improper bite as well as assesses and gives treatment for straightening of teeth.
3. Can I take my child to a pediatric dentist for root canal treatment?
Yes you can take your child to a pediatric dentist for root canal treatment. It depends upon the type and complexity of root canal. You may require an endodontist's treatment for complex root canal treatment.
4. What treatments does a pediatric dentist specialize in?
A pediatric dentist specializes in following treatments
- tooth cavity repair
- straightening of teeth, correction of malocclusion
- gum diseases management
- dental injury treatment
- treatment of dental caries
5. What is the education qualification of a pediatric dentist?
A pediatric dentist completes a postgraduate course of 3 years in paediatric dentistry after completion of basic undergraduation in general dentistry (4 yrs).