Frequently Asked Questions
What is depression?
Often when people are sad, they think they are depressed, but depression is much more than sadness, it is a medical illness where the symptoms of depression persist for more than 2 weeks or longer.
What are the signs where Depression Counselling is indicated?
Few of the signs of an individual who requires Depression Counselling are:
- Lack of interest in things an individual was interested in.
- Crying or tearful for no reason
- Feeling restless or irritated
- A feeling of being worthless
- Confused or hard to concentrate or recall things
- Headaches, back pains, digestive disorders, etc.
- Broken sleep or desire to sleep all-day
- Suicidal thoughts
What causes depression?
- A human body is controlled by hormones and these hormones determine the mood of an individual. Depression can be caused due to a lack of production or the body’s ability to act according to the hormone.
- Depression can also be genetic.
- Drug abuse, alcoholism, etc, can also lead to depression.
- Prolonged illness, hospital stay, retirement, losing a loved one can cause depression.
How much does Depression Counselling cost?
Depression Counselling cost depends upon the following factors:
- Age of the patient
- Experience of the specialist
- Number sessions to be taken
However, the cost of Depression Counselling per session is around Rs.500 to Rs.5,000
What are the stages of Depression Counselling?
The stages of Depression Counselling are as follows:
- Rapport and therapeutic alliance: Understanding between the counsellor and the client.
- Assessment: Collection of the information from the client and to assess it for better counselling sessions.
- Identification of the strengths: An understanding of an individual’s strengths during the counselling.
- Interventions: It is a process where family or friends of an individual get together to help an individual who has been in trauma or help in addiction problems.
- Resiliency and Termination: This is the last stage where an individual should be feeling a lot better.
Who are the specialists to conduct Depression Counselling?
A certified and well-experienced Psychologist, Psychiatrist, counsellor, social worker or therapist can perform Depression Counselling.
What are the different types of Depression Treatments?
- Cognitive behavioural therapy
- Depression counselling
- Mindfulness-based cognitive therapy
- Interpersonal therapy
- Psychodynamic therapy
- Group therapy
- Art therapy
- Medication therapy
What are the outcomes expected after depression counselling?
Few of the positive outcomes of Depression Counselling are:
- It helps to ease the stress
- A new perspective can be achieved
- Increase in self-acceptance and interpersonal relationship
- Better management of the anger
- Better decision-making skills Increase in self-worth