54 doctors available in Kanpur
Book appointments with minimum wait-time & verified doctor details
1. What are the early sign of typhoid?
The early signs of typhoid include
- High fever rising up to 104°F
- Dry cough
- Appetite loss
- Constipation or diarrhoea
- Weakness or fatigue
- Profuse sweating
- Muscle ache
2. What are the risk factors of typhoid?
The risk factors of typhoid include:
- Consumption of unclean or contaminated water (so use boiled or bottled water to prevent typhoid, which is a waterborne disease)
- Lack of right sanitary conditions
Children are at a higher risk of typhoid than adults
3. How can typhoid be prevented?
Typhoid can be prevented by:
- Providing vaccination to all children as injectable or oral (two forms)
- Avoiding street food and vegetables, which cannot be peeled (cabbage, lettuce)
4. What are the symptoms of typhoid and how do I differentiate it from food poisoning?
The classic symptoms of typhoid begin a few days after the exposure to the contaminated source and include fever and rash. The symptoms of food poisoning appear within hours of consuming contaminated food and include nausea and vomiting.
5. Are there any new vaccines available for typhoid?
Yes, there is a new vaccine for typhoid (typhoid conjugate vaccine), which can be used for the age group of 6 months (infants as they are at higher risk) and above. No booster doses are required.