17 doctors available in Bhopal
Book appointments with minimum wait-time & verified doctor details
1. Who is an orthodontist?
An orthodontist is a dental specialist trained in the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of dental irregularities. They are specialized in correcting misaligned teeth and faulty bite.
2. Which treatments are given by an orthodontist?
An Orthodontist provides a variety of treatments. These include:
1. Aligning the tips of the teeth
2. Helps improve the health of your gums
3. Straightening crooked teeth
4. Preventing wear and tear of the teeth
5. Closing wide gaps between the teeth
3. What is the education qualification required to become an orthodontist?
To become an orthodontist, you need to do a bachelor's degree in dental science and follow it up with a mdegree in the same field. The university you study from should be recognised by the Dental Council of India.
4. Can an orthodontist perform surgery on my teeth?
No. Orthodontists are not known to do surgeries. If in case, during a dental procedure requires a surgery an oral surgeon takes over to perform the said surgery.
5. What is the difference between a dentist and orthodontist?
Dentists and orthodontists both work to provide better oral health to their patients. However, the roles differ. A dentist normally treats your teeth, gum, and nerves and jaws. An orthodontist works to straighten crooked teeth, fix an improper bite, and straightens the teeth.