1. What is hydrotherapy?
Hydrotherapy is a type of therapy that uses water for the treatment and rehabilitation of people with various conditions like arthritis, back pain and neurological disorders. It is also helpful for maintaining overall health and for relaxation.
2. What are the types of hydrotherapy?
Following are the types of hydrotherapy:
• Whirlpool therapy
• Watsu (gentle massage in warm water)
• Contrast baths
• Steam baths and sauna
• Sitz baths
• Mineral and herbal baths
• Compresses and fomentation
• Pool exercises
3. How long do hydrotherapy sessions last?
Each hydrotherapy session usually lasts for about 30 minutes.
4. What are the different types of hydrotherapy?
Hydrotherapy is available at several major treatment centres across India, one example being the Indian Spinal Injuries Centre in New Delhi.
5. Do I need to know swimming for this therapy?
No, you do not need to know swimming to undergo hydrotherapy.