82 doctors available in Bhopal
Book appointments with minimum wait-time & verified doctor details
1. Can eczema be permanently cured?
Eczema cannot be completely cured as it is an allergic disorder and treatment focuses on healing the affected skin, reducing flare-ups and increasing days of remission. One can prevent flare-ups of the symptoms.
2. What are the self-care measures for the management of eczema?
The self-care measures for the management of eczema include
- moisturizing daily
- lukewarm baths
- fingernails should be kept short
- wear cotton and soft fabrics
- topical steroid creams
- systemic corticosteroids, antibiotics, antihistamines
- using humidifier
3. Can I use anti-allergic medicines for the treatment of eczema?
Yes, you can use anti-allergic medicines for the treatment of eczema. They reduce scratching which helps in healing of the affected skin.
4. Who should i consult for eczema treatment?
A dermatologist, i.e. a skin specialist should be consulted for the treatment of eczema. He will diagnose the condition using your medical history, physical examination and tests, and give appropriate treatment. It can also managed by internal medicine specialists.
5. Can anti-itching powders and creams be useful in managing eczema?
Yes, anti-itching powders and creams can be useful in managing eczema. They reduce scratching which helps in healing of the affected skin.