1. What is the success rate of PRP hair treatment?/How effective is PRP in the long term?
There is no estimate regarding how successful the PRP hair is, but the PRP injections have shown between 70-90% success in hair restoration on an average. The success rate of PRP hair treatment is determined by the level of hair loss and the patient's biological parameters. Patients will notice a reduction in hair thinning rate after two to three treatments.
2. What is PRP in hair treatment? Does it have any side effects?
PRP or Platelet-rich plasma is a treatment used to restore hair growth. The treatment is recommended when hair loss is caused by androgenetic alopecia, in which the hair follicles shrink.
As such, there are minimum or no side effects involved and seen in the PRP hair treatment. Patients taking the treatment may experience the following side effects temporarily after the treatment has been performed :
- Mild pain where the injection is given
- Temporary bleeding
- Tenderness in the scalp
3. Is PRP safe?
It can be painful to administer PRP injections, but they are safe if administered by a healthcare professional. The pain can be mild in the form of headache, redness, and temporary hair fall. The treatment may not be appropriate for patients with a history of autoimmune disease or having bleeding disorders.
4. What are the pros and cons of PRP treatment?
- PRP treatment stimulates hair growth and increases the number of hair on the scalp
- It can reduce male pattern baldness.
- PRP injection therapies can delay the signs of hair loss.
- You are not at risk of contracting an infectious disease from PRP therapy since your own blood is injected into your scalp.
- The results associated with the treatment are temporary.
- The improvement we see depends on several factors, such as the amount of hair loss.
- Due to the lack of a definite cure for hair loss, PRP may not work for all patients.
5. How long does PRP hair treatment last?
The result of a proper PRP treatment can last for about 1-3 years. In order to maintain healthy hair, patients often need a few repeat sessions. The frequency of PRP treatments varies depending on the condition of the patient’s hair and the results of their first session. After the first treatment, the results usually take six to twelve months to manifest. It can also be possible that some patients may see the results right after the first PRP session.