Frequently Asked Questions
What is Labiaplasty?
Surgically reshaping of women’s inner lips(Labia Minora) of the vulva(external female sex organs) is known as Labiaplasty. The part of Labia is resected to change the appearance of the external sex organs. The unwanted tissues are cut away either through scalpel or laser.
What are the advantages of Labiaplasty?
- Dark pigmented and low hanging part is removed
- Increases comfort
- Increases confidence for sexual intercourse
- The patient can wear tight clothes
What are the indications of Labiaplasty?
Labiaplasty is indicated in following conditions:
- To reduce the size of Labia
- To remove areas containing lumps, bumps or diseased tissue
- Twisting and tugging of Labia
Who are the best surgeons/doctors to perform Labiaplasty?
A certified and trained Plastic Surgeon and an OB/GYN (Obstetrician and Gynecologist) who is well experienced in Labiaplasty can perform this surgery.
What is the cost of Labiaplasty?
Minimum cost for Labiaplasty in Bangalore starts from Rs. 32,000
Average expenses for Labiaplasty in Bangalore is approximately Rs. 57,000
Maximum amount to be paid for Labiaplasty in Bangalore rises up to Rs. 85,000
Cost of Labiaplasty depends on factors such as:
- Admission fee
- Doctor fee
- Age of the patient
- Post-surgical complications that are involved
- Type of Hospital
- The admission room that you opted for
- Any other lab tests or examination tests such as X-ray, ECG, etc.
Is Labiaplasty a major surgery or minor surgery?
Labiaplasty is considered to be a minor surgery as the recovery time is less and is minimally invasive.
What are the risks and complications associated with Labiaplasty?
Few risks and complications associated with Labiaplasty are:
- Discomfort while peeing or sitting
- Hematoma (internal bleeding)
- Over resection
- Chronic Dryness
How long does it take to complete Labiaplasty?
The time required to complete Labiaplasty is 30-45 minutes.
What is the recovery time for Labiaplasty?
Labiaplasty may take upto 6-8 weeks to recover completely.
What is the success rate of Labiaplasty?
The success rate of Labiaplasty depends on the following factors:
- Age of the patient
- The medical condition of the patient
- Experience of the surgeon/doctor
- Type of surgery or procedure performed
However, the success rate of Labiaplasty maybe 80-90%.
Is Labiaplasty Permanent?
Labiaplasty is a permanent procedure as it involves resection of labia which is irreversible.
Can Labiaplasty be detected in future?
Labiaplasty can be detected in the future as labia will be shorter and scars from the surgery will also be visible.
What are the options if Labiaplasty fails?
If Labiaplasty fails, then the doctor may recommend revision surgery.
What are the alternatives for Labiaplasty?
- Kegel Exercise
- Laser vaginal rejuvenation