1. Is Gastrectomy Permanent?
Gastrectomy is a permanent procedure as it removes either partial or complete stomach.
2. What is the success rate of Gastrectomy?
The success rate of Gastrectomy depends on the following factors:
- Age of the patient
- The medical condition of the patient
- Type of surgery performed
However, the success rate of Gastrectomy maybe 75-88%.
3. Can Gastrectomy be detected in future?
Gastrectomy can be detected in the future with imaging tests like X-rays and upon physical examination of the abdominal area.
4. Is Gastrectomy a major surgery or minor surgery?
Gastrectomy is considered a major surgery as it involves either partial or complete removal of the stomach and tissue surrounding it.
5. What are the long-term results of Gastrectomy?
Few of the long-term results of Gastrectomy are:
- Diet restriction in obese patients
- Cure or reduction of stomach cancer
- Rare cases of severe malabsorption of nutrients and anemia
- Prevent the recurrence of stomach cancer