Frequently Asked Questions
What is Frenuloplasty?
Frenuloplasty is a surgery that involves alteration of the frenulum. Common sites of Frenuloplasty are tongue and prepuce of the penis. It helps in treating the restricted motion between interconnected tissues due to the presence of frenulum. Frenuloplasty is of two types and they are:
- Frenuloplasty of the tongue
- Frenuloplasty of the penis
What are the advantages of Frenuloplasty?
Some of the advantages of Frenuloplasty are:
- Decreases the tightness and restriction of the foreskin movement
- Increase the range of motion of the tongue
- Decrease the penis pain
- Improvement in the erectile function of the penis.
- Improve overall sexual satisfaction.
- Preserves the foreskin and increases the foreskin motion
What are the indications of Frenuloplasty?
Frenuloplasty is indicated in the following conditions:
- Tight foreskin
- Decreases tongue motion
- Pain in the erected penis
What is the preparation for Frenuloplasty?
- One should know all the benefits, risks, and complications associated with Frenuloplasty.
- Discuss with the doctor about past and present medical and medication history.
- The doctor may examine either your tongue or penis for the presence of any active infections.
- Take all the medications as instructed by the doctor.
- The patient should sign a consent form before the surgery.
- The surgeon might take pictures either of the tongue or penis before the surgery to compare with the results.
What is the postprocedure care/recovery care for Frenuloplasty?
- The doctor may prescribe antibiotics to avoid infection
- Keep the area dry and clean
- Avoid soaking in the bath
- Avoid swimming for 2-3 weeks after the surgery
- Should retract the foreskin daily for better surgery results
- Avoid sex for up to 4 weeks
- Painkillers will be prescribed by the doctor to reduce the pain
- Make appointments with the doctor to check the status of the healing
- Wear loose clothes
- Maintain good oral hygiene
- Avoid eating greasy, spicy and heavy food
- Don't drink alcohol for up to 48 hours after the surgery
Who can perform Frenuloplasty [Right specialist type for Frenuloplasty]?
Frenuloplasty can be performed by:
- General Surgeon
What is the cost of Frenuloplasty?
The cost of Frenuloplasty may vary according to the following factors:
- Admission fee
- Doctor fee
- Age of the patient
- Area of the body to be treated
- Type of the surgery planned to be performed
- Post-surgical complications that are involved
- Type of Hospital
- The admission room that you opted for
- Any other lab tests or examination tests such as X-ray, ECG, etc
The minimum cost in Bangalore starts from Rs.8,000.
The average expenses in Bangalore is approximately Rs.14,000.
The maximum amount to be paid in Bangalore rises up to Rs.30,000.
Is Frenuloplasty major surgery or minor surgery?
Frenuloplasty is a minor surgery as it involves resizing the frenulum.
What is the eligibility criteria for Frenuloplasty?
People who can undergo Frenuloplasty are:
- Individuals suffering from restricted tongue motion due to the frenulum.
- People with difficulty speaking as a result of the frenulum.
- Individuals suffering from penis pain when it is erected.
- People having restriction movement of the foreskin.
What is the ineligibility criteria for Frenuloplasty?
People who cannot undergo Frenuloplasty are:
- People having an active penis infection or disease.
- Individuals with active mouth or tongue infections or diseases.
- People who prefer to undergo circumcision.
What are the risks and complications associated with Frenuloplasty?
Risks and Complications associated with Frenuloplasty are:
- Swelling of penis
- Bleeding from the incision site
- Decreased sensation of the penis glans
- Improper healing of the wound
How long does it take to complete Frenuloplasty?
Frenuloplasty may take almost 30-60 minutes to complete and sometimes it may take more than the usual time depending on the condition of the patient.
What is the recovery time?
Individuals who undergo Frenuloplasty may take 2-3 weeks to recover completely.
What is the success rate of Frenuloplasty?
The success rate of Frenuloplasty depends on the following factors:
- Age of the patient
- The medical condition of the patient
- Type of surgery or procedure performed
However, the success rate of Frenuloplasty maybe 80% to 90%.
Is Frenuloplasty painful?
Every surgery comes with a certain level of pain and some discomfort. You won't be experiencing pain during this process because you will be under anesthesia.
Is Frenuloplasty Permanent?
Frenuloplasty is a permanent procedure as it resizes the length of the frenulum.
What are the long-term results of Frenuloplasty?
- Increases the movement of the tongue
- Improves the speaking ability
- Improves the motion of the foreskin
- Reduces the pain during intercourse
Can Frenuloplasty be detected in the future?
Frenuloplasty may be detected in the future by comparing the before and after surgery photos.
What are the options if Frenuloplasty fails?
If Frenuloplasty of penis fails, then the doctor may recommend complete circumcision. If Tongue frenuloplasty fails, then revision surgery may be recommended.
What are the alternatives for Frenuloplasty?
- Circumcision may be an option for Penis frenuloplasty.
- Tongue frenuloplasty may be an only option for the individuals who are suffering from restricted tongue motion due to the frenulum.