FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is Panchkarma Treatment?
Cleansing and rejuvenating treatment that is performed for the body, mind, and consciousness of an individual is known as Panchkarma Treatment. It has an overall beneficial effect on wellness, health, and self-healing.
How much does Panchkarma Treatment cost?
Panchkarma Treatment is usually a course of 7-10 days.
The total cost of Panchkarma treatment per day ranges up to Rs.200 to Rs.1,500
The average cost of Panchkarma Treatment for 7 days is Rs.10,000 to Rs.15,000
[NOTE: The exact quotation of an individual is given by a physician after a detailed physical examination and consultation]
What are the benefits of Panchkarma Treatment?
Few of the benefits of Panchkarma Treatment are:
- Removes toxins from the body
- Improves health and wellness
- Improves the immune system of an individual
- Reverses the negative effect of stress and therefore slowing the aging process
- Increases self-reliance, strength, vitality, energy, and mental clarity.
What are the treatment procedures included in Panchkarma?
Panchkarma Treatment consists of 5 treatment procedures, and they are:
- Basti: Placing a liquid infused with herbal medicine on a particular part of the body
- NasyaVamana: Therapeutic vomiting
- Virechana: Purgation
- Raktamokshana: Blood letting.
Can Panchkarma Treatment be done at home?
Panchkarma Treatment can be done at home by following a strict diet and massage plan.
- Consume only Khichdi for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- Drink herbal tea for your specific doshas.
- At bedtime, massage 8 ounces of either sesame or sunflower or corn oil depending on the doshas for 15-20 minutes.
What are the side effects of Panchkarma Treatment?
Panchkarma is an ayurvedic approach the side effects experienced are mainly due to the release of toxins from the body. Few of the side effects are:
- General illness
- As Panchkarma also helps in releasing stored emotional problems an individual might feel depressed or mentally disturbed during the treatment.
How long does Panchkarma Treatment take?
The time taken by Panchkarma treatment for an individual depends on the attending physician and the condition of the patient. However, Panchkarma Treatment takes a minimum of 7 days to a maximum of 60 days.
What should an individual eat during Panchkarma?
Panchkarma is a process through which the body detoxifies and the food to be consumed should be “Satvik” (food which is pure, clean, energetic, natural and vital).Eg., Khichdi, and herbal tea specific to an individuals’ doshas.
Can Panchkarma help in weight loss?
Panchakarma includes many different procedures in which weight loss is also included. Depending on an individual’s body fat, one can lose up to 2 - 9 kgs in 15 days.