1. What are the symptoms of conjunctivitis?
Conjunctivitis is characterized by the following symptoms:
- Redness of eye
- Blurred vision or burning sensation in eyes
- Eye itchiness
- Discharge from eyes
- Crust formation over eyelashes
- Sensitivity to light
2. What are the causes of conjunctivitis?
Conjunctivitis is commonly caused by:
- Chemical irritants
- Fungi or parasites
3. How is conjunctivitis diagnosed?
Conjunctivitis is diagnosed by the following methods
- Thorough assessment of signs/symptoms and medical history
- Culture of discharge
- Cytological examination of conjunctival scrapings
- Patch test
4. How is conjunctivitis treated?
Conjunctivitis is treated by following methods:
- Artificial tears
- Antibiotic drops
- Anti-inflammatory eye drops
5. What self-care measures are recommended to manage conjunctivitis?
The following self-care measures are recommended for the management of conjunctivitis
- Application of cold compress to the eye
- Administration of eye drops
- Refraining from the use of contact lens