1. What is fibromyalgia?
Fibromyalgia is a chronic disorder distinguished by the symptoms such as musculoskeletal pain, fatigue or cognitive disturbances. There is an increased pain response to pressure, which may be an indication of depression and anxiety.
2. What are the signs and symptoms of fibromyalgia?
Fibromyalgia is characterised by following symptoms:
- Musculoskeletal pain
- Cognitive disturbances
- Sleep disturbances
- Depression or anxiety
3. What are the causes of fibromyalgia?
Fibromyalgia is usually caused by:
- Trauma (physical or psychological)
4. Can yoga or meditation help resolve fibromyalgia?
Yes, yoga or meditation can help in fibromyalgia since these techniques help in reducing the symptoms such as cognitive and sleep disturbances, pain, fatigue ,stress, anxiety and depression.
5. Can physiotherapy help treat fibromyalgia?
Yes, physiotherapy can help in the management of fibromyalgia since it can reduce stiffness, musculoskeletal pain, fatigue and improves your flexibility, posture and muscle tone.