In this article we will look at:
You can click on any of the links above to navigate to the section of your interest.
Hair Transplantation Procedures - An Overview
Hair transplantation is a surgical method, which is used to treat acute irreparable hair loss or varying levels of alopecia in men and women. The doctor removes hair follicles from a part of your body, which is called the “donor site” and inserts the follicles in the bald patches on your head, which are known as the “recipient sites.”
There are two primary techniques of hair transplantation:
- Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT) or Hair Transplant Strip Method
- Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE)
To know more about:
- cost of hair transplant cost
- eligibility criteria
- resulting yield of hair
- the number of grafts that can be transplanted in a session
- the time taken to complete the procedure
- the recovery time
please refer to the related articles.
More Hair-Transplant Related Topics
- Hair Fall Treatment Procedures
- Hair Transplantation Procedures Overview
- Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT)
- Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE)
- Scalp Reduction Surgery
- Artificial/Synthetic Hair Implant
- Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) Therapy for Hair Growth
- PM R. Follicular unit transplantation. - PubMed - NCBI [Internet]. Ncbi.nlm.nih.gov. 2018 [cited 21 February 2018]. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19034815
- Loganathan E, Narasimhan R, Sarvajnamurthy S, Siddaraju M, Suresh D, Gorur D. Complications of hair restoration surgery: A retrospective analysis [Internet]. 2018 [cited 21 February 2018]. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4212293/
- Venkataram M. Changing trends in hair restoration surgery [Internet]. 2018 [cited 21 February 2018]. Available from: http://www.ijdvl.com/article.asp?issn=0378-6323;year=2006;volume=72;issue=2;spage=103;epage=111;aulast=Venkataram
- Bicknell L, Kash N, Kavouspour C, Rashid R. Follicular unit extraction hair transplant harvest: a review of current recommendations and future considerations [Internet]. Escholarship.org. 2018 [cited 21 February 2018]. Available from: https://escholarship.org/uc/item/1954f4vv
Loganathan E, Narasimhan R, Sarvajnamurthy S, Siddaraju M, Suresh D, Gorur D. Complications of hair restoration surgery: A retrospective analysis [Internet]. 2018 [cited 21 February 2018]. Available from: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4212293/
Bernstein R. Pre-making recipient sites to increase graft survival in manual and robotic FUE procedures [Internet]. 2018 [cited 21 February 2018]. Available from: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Robert_Bernstein2/publication/267450939_Pre-Making_Recipient_Sites_in_FUE_and_R-FUE_Procedures/links/5452a0920cf2cf51647a47ae.pdf
Questions answered by trusted doctors
Did you know?
Everyday hair fall
Do you ever see a lot of hair in the drain after showering? That’s normal–we shed between 40 and 150 strands of hair a day.
The hair on our heads is composed of: 50 percent carbon, 21 percent oxygen, 17 percent nitrogen, 6 percent hydrogen, and 5 percent sulphur.
Its normal to lose a few hairs everyday
How much hair do we have on our scalp? More than you think. The average person has 100,000 - 150,000 strands of hair on her head (so don’t worry too much if you lost 40 - 150 hairs today while showering).
The treatment method of using various treatments like chemotherapy, radiation, anti-cancer drugs to either cure, treat, control, or reduce the symptoms of any types of cancer can be grouped together as cancer treatments.
Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE), as opposed to the FUT procedure, is a hair transplant method in which the doctor extracts the follicular units of hair, from the donor area of your head, one by one.
Hair Transplant Cost in Bangalore can range from Rs. 45,000 to Rs. 2,65,000.