12 doctors available in Vadodara
Book appointments with minimum wait-time & verified doctor details
1. What is sarcoidosis?
Sarcoidosis is distinguished by the growth of granulomas in the various organs of the body. The organs that are usually affected are the lungs and lymph nodes.
2. What are the common symptoms of sarcoidosis?
The involved organs mainly decide the nature of symptoms. The common symptoms of sarcoidosis are as follows:
- Swollen lymph nodes
- Fever with fatigue
- Pain in joints
- Weight loss
- Dyspnoea and wheezing
- Cough and chest pain
- Skin rashes
3. How will the doctor diagnose sarcoidosis?
Sarcoidosis is diagnosed by the following methods:
- Examination of signs/symptoms
- A Physical examination
- CT scan and chest x-ray
- Lung function tests
4. Is sarcoidosis a hereditary condition?
A family history of sarcoidosis is a risk factor for the development of sarcoidosis.
5. What are the different treatment options for sarcoidosis?
The several treatment options for sarcoidosis are as follows:
- Administration of corticosteroids, immune suppressants
- Tumour necrosis factor-alpha inhibitors
- Symptomatic treatment
- Organ transplantation in severe cases