Fortis Hospital, Kalyan
Fortis Kalyan Hospital is the 1st hospital to be accredited by NABH in the Thane district in 2013. Fortis Hospital Kalyan is one of the best multispecialty hospitals in and around the Thane district. This hospital has over 75 beds equipped with the latest technology. The main asset for this hospital is its medical staff who are highly experienced, professional, and qualified. Putting their efforts, abilities, and experience together, they strive for providing their best for patient safety and healthcare. Because of this, Fortis Hospital Kalyan stands as the most trusted healthcare provider in Mumbai city. Till present, Fortis has been a leader in the quality of healthcare and patient safety. This hospital also monitors the feedback provided by the patients and the outcomes of many clinical trials in order to deliver the best and world-class healthcare to the patients. This is the only hospital in the Kalyan region with advanced Emergency care that works around 24x7 to deliver effective & safe medical care.
Meaning of the Fortis Logo:
The logo of the Fortis brand projects is a symbol of human values such as trust, ethics, service, and quality. The union of the green color hands and a red dot represents Fortis’ path to healthcare. The green color of hands represents compassion, nurturing, generosity, wellbeing, and health. The red dot stands for energy, spirituality, courage, and a symbol of good luck.
- To admit a patient in the Fortis Hospital-Kalyan, one should get an admission note from the doctor and need to submit it to the admission counter.
- If the patient is insured, then he/she will be directed to the insurance desk.
- A Unique Identification Number [UID] will be generated for the patient and all the medical records will be supported and saved by the hospital for future reference.
- The discharge process will be handled by the respective IP co-ordinators
- The unused medicines will be returned, and a discharge summary will be prepared by the concerned department.
- If any discharge medicines or medical devices are prescribed, then the doctor will explain how to use them.
- Finally, the bill will be handed over to either patient or caretaker.
Guideline for Visitors:
- At the time of admission, passes for visitors will be issued and all the visitors are requested to wear these passes while on the premises of the hospital.
- For the safety of the patients, the visitors are limited during visiting hours.
- Visitors under 12 years old are restricted on patient floors to protect children from any infections.
- Before & after visiting, sanitation of hands is mandatory.
- Mobile phone use is prohibited in the areas where patient monitoring & medical equipment are in operation.
Patient & Attendant Responsibilities:
- Provide complete and right information including full name, address, date of birth, name of the insurance company, past illness, and medical details.
- Updating the doctors and nurses about the effectiveness of the treatment or operation.
- Should bring only necessary items to the hospital, leave valuables at home.
- By hospital rules and safety regulations, noise levels must be as low as possible while talking or attending a phone call.
- The attendant or patient handles keeping appointments on time. If not, call the doctor or hospital.
Patient & Attendant Rights:
- Being a patient or caregiver, you have the right to be treated with respect, dignity, and compassion in a safe and clean environment.
- Protection to your privacy and confidentiality in treatment options, and examinations.
- A clear and detailed explanation by the doctor about the diagnosis, benefits, and risks of each treatment.
- Protection from physical mistreatment and carelessness.
- Either patient or attendant can request a copy of their medical records.
Location Selector in Mumbai:
- Fortis Hospital-Kalyan-Mumbai
Fortis Hospital-Kalyan is one of the best Multispeciality hospitals in Mumbai and provides the following specialties:
- Critical Care/Emergency services
- Obstetrics & Gynaecology
- Bariatric & Metabolic surgery
- Robotic surgery
- Renal sciences
- Organ transplants
- Blood banks
- Ambulance service
- Operation theatres
- International patient care
- Diagnostic center
- Car parking
- ATM services
- Guest relation manager
Visiting hours for in-patient wards:
- In-wards - 10 A.M. to 11 A.M.
- 4 P.M. to 7 P.M.
- ICU - 11:30 A.M. to 12:30 P.M.
- 4:30 P.M. to 5:30 P.M.