Allergy pineapple skin test is used to test the sensitization of your skin to pineapple. This test helps in knowing the immune response to the pineapple and its products. In this test, your skin is slightly pricked and introduced to the pineapple products.
Pineapple is a tropical fruit commonly found in all tropical countries. They are rich in vitamins, antioxidants, enzymes, etc. They help in building strong bones, boosting the immune system, and also aids in digestion, and are also low in calories. Pineapple is rich in vitamin C and manganese.
Pineapple allergy is when you experience an allergic reaction after eating pineapple fruit or pineapple juice or any pineapple product. Sometimes there may be an allergic reaction after touching the pineapple fruit. The symptoms of pineapple allergy include difficulty in breathing, swelling of the face, tongue, throat and lips, intense itching, rashes, hives, flushing of the face, sinus congestion, dizziness, fainting, metallic taste in the mouth, etc.
Sometimes the allergic reactions can be life-threatening causing narrowing of the airways, making it difficult to breathe. Very less often pineapple allergy may cause an anaphylactic reaction. Anaphylaxis is a medical emergency condition which leads to facial flushing, itching, shock, sudden fall in blood pressure, constriction of airways, swollen throat, difficulty to breathe, etc.
This test may be recommended to you if experience allergic symptoms like flushing of the face, rashes, hives, intense itching, swelling of the face, tongue, throat, lips, difficulty in breathing, sinus congestion, dizziness, fainting, etc.
No special preparation is needed for Allergy Pineapple Enzyme Assay Skin. Inform your doctor if you are on any medications or have any underlying medical conditions or allergies before undergoing Allergy Pineapple Enzyme Assay Skin. Your doctor depending on your condition will give specific instructions.
After getting exposed to pineapple products if you develop hives, which are raised bumps at the test location that are at least 3mm in size may indicate that you have the allergy to pineapple.
If there is no reaction or hives present on the skin after getting exposed to the pineapple products then it may indicate that you are not allergic to pineapple.
|UNISEX||All age groups||A wheal and flare reaction of atleast 3mm indicates that the patient is allergic to the substance|