Allergy moong dal skin test is used to test the sensitization of your skin to the moong dal. This test helps in knowing the immune response to the moong dal. In this test, your skin is slightly pricked and introduced to the moon dal contents.
Moon dal is also known as green gram, maash or mung. This belongs to the legume family. Moong dal is a common ingredient in cooking, mostly used in curries. It has an earthy flavor which is mild and tastes better when cooked with assertive flavors. It is low in fat and rich in fiber, protein, vitamin B-complex, calcium and potassium. Moong dal allergy may happen when the immune system mistakes the contents in the moong dal for a foreign substance. Then the body produces a reaction similar to the one created during an attack of bacteria or virus. The symptoms of moong dal allergy are swelling of the face, lips, tongue, skin rashes, itching, hives, redness, stomach cramps, abdominal discomfort, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, tightening of the chest, throat, etc.
Sometimes the allergic reactions can be life-threatening causing narrowing of the airways, making it difficult to breathe. Very less often moong dal allergy may cause an anaphylactic reaction. Anaphylaxis is a medical emergency condition of airways, swollen throat, difficulty to breathe, etc.
This test may be recommended to you if you experience symptoms like swelling of the face, lips, tongue, skin rashes, itches, hives, redness, stomach cramps, abdominal discomfort, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, tightening in the throat, etc immediately after receiving moong dal. This test may be recommended to monitor the effectiveness of the treatment given for the moong dal allergy.
Inform your doctor if you are on any medications, have any allergies or underlying medical conditions before your Allergy Moong Dal Radio Immunoabsorbent Skin. Your doctor will give specific instructions depending on your condition on how to prepare for Allergy Moong Dal Radio Immunoabsorbent Skin.
No specific preparation is required for this test.
After getting exposed to the moong dal if you develop hives, which are raised bumps at the test location that are at least 3mm in size may indicate that you have an allergy to moong dal.
If there is no reaction or hives present on the skin after getting exposed to the moong dal then it may indicate that you are not allergic to moong dal.
|UNISEX||All age groups||A wheal and flare reaction of atleast 3mm indicates that the patient is allergic to the substance|