Fed up of endless wait?
Look for clinic with Prime
Dr. Haresh B. Kheni

Dr. Haresh B. Kheni

Claim this profile

MS - Ophthalmology, MBBS

Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon

15 Years Experience Overall  (15 years as specialist)

Medical Registration Verified

Dr. Haresh B. Kheni is a Ophthalmologist/ Eye Surgeon in Varachha Road, Surat and has an experience of 15 years in this field. Dr. Haresh B. Kheni practices at Shree Nandan Eye Hospital in Varachha Road, Surat and Shree Nandan Eye Hospital in Parvat, Surat. He completed MS - Ophthalmology from Gujarat medical College in 2005 and MBBS from Gujarat University, India in 2003. He is a member of All India Ophthalmological Society and Indian Medical Association (IMA).

Varachha Road, Surat

Shree Nandan Eye Hospital

CTC Building, 4th Floor, Above ICICI Bank, Hans Society, Varachha, Landmark: Baroda Pristage., Surat

Get Directions

+ 7

Mon - Sat

10:00 - 01:00
06:00 - 08:00


Common questions & answers

Q: When should I see an ophthalmologist?

A: You may see an ophthalmologist in the following conditions ·Blurred vision ·Eye pain ·Eye injury ·Diabetes-related eye problems ·Family history of eye problems ·Dark spots in vision ·Dry and itchy eye ·Decreased vision ·Discharge from the eye and redness ·Cataract surgery ·Corneal transplant

Q: Does an ophthalmologist perform only surgeries?

A: Yes, an ophthalmologist also performs eye surgeries. If you need cataract surgery or a corneal transplant, your ophthalmologist will treat you accordingly. An ophthalmologist also specializes in laser surgery.

Q: What is the education qualification of an ophthalmologist?

A: To become an ophthalmologist, you first need to complete MBBS degree, which is a five and half years course. After this course, you need to give an entrance exam for a postgraduate course. You will have to complete a three years course in MD (Doctor of Medicine) or MS (Master of Surgery) Ophthalmology or DNB. Some medical colleges also offer diploma courses in Ophthalmology after MBBS degree.

Q: Can an ophthalmologist suggest me which contact lenses to wear?

A: An optometrist or an ophthalmologist can perform your eye examination and find out the error in your vision. However, an ophthalmologist specializes in dealing with complex problems of the eye. So an ophthalmologist can easily suggest you which contact lenses to wear.

Q: Are there any specialists in ophthalmology?

A: An ophthalmologist can specialize in a particular branch and specialize in treating that particular eye problem The specializations are as follows: ·Paediatric ophthalmology (specialize in children eye problems) ·Neuro ophthalmology (eye problems originating from the nervous system) ·Ocular oncology (cancer of the eye) ·Ophthalmic pathology (diagnosis of eye problems via the pathology)


MS - Ophthalmology - Gujarat medical College, 2005
MBBS - Gujarat University, India, 2003


All India Ophthalmological Society
Indian Medical Association (IMA)


G-33223 Gujarat Medical Council, 2003
Report an Error
Contact Clinic to book appointment
Shree Nandan Eye Hospital
Change Clinic
Varachha Road
Due to lockdown you can call the clinic to check for doctor availability and appointment booking.
Instantly consult other ophthalmologist/ eye surgeon online
Dr. Haresh B. Kheni is currently not consulting online with Practo