MBBS (AIIMS - N. Delhi), MS Gen Surg (AIIMS - N. Delhi), Gold Medalist, DNB (Urology), MNAMS (Genito-Urinary Surgery), NBC-Urol: Natio
MBBS (AIIMS - N. Delhi), MS Gen Surg (AIIMS - N. Delhi), Gold Medalist,
DNB (Urology), MNAMS (Genito-Urinary Surgery),
NBC-Urol: National Board Certified (Urology)
1. Awarded the ‘Young Surgeons Travel Fellowship’ by the Japan Surgical Society in April ’97.
2. Awarded the Membership of National Academy of Medical Sciences in Urology, in Jan 2001.
3. Fellowship in Stricture Urethra from ‘The Indian School of Urethral Surgery’, Pune, in Sept ‘2005
4. Fellowship in Reconstructive Urology from ‘Center For Reconstructive Urethral Surgery’, Pune in October 2007.
A. An active Alumini of ‘Rotary International’ and participant as a Urologist in the VTT ( Vocational training Team) for the three medical missions to Africa under the programme – ‘Outreach to Africa’
a. Ruwanda in 2011
b. Adis Ababa in 2103
c. VTT cum Medical Mission to Malawi D9210 from India D3080/D3131 in 2015 (Sept 6th to 16th).
B. As a member of the VTT, I trained the local surgeons and the Urologists in basic and advanced techniques in Endo-Urology. Made them self reliant in treating and managing common Urological problems.
Dr Rajesh Gulia is an eminent Urologist in this region since 2001. He has done his basic medical & surgical training from one of the best institutes in Asia – The All India Institute Of Medical Sciences – AIIMS, New Delhi. Thereafter he worked in Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Medical Sciences at Puttaparthy for 4 yrs.
He was awarded the Gold Medal in MS – General Surgery – AIIMS, New Delhi in 1996. He also bagged the ‘Young Surgeons Travel Fellowship’ awarded by the Japan Surgical Society in April ’97. Thereafter he was awarded the membership on the National Academy of Medical Sciences (MNAMS) in Urology in Jan ‘2001
He is not only an experienced Endourologist, but he has further specialized .in Uro-Gynecology & Reconstructive Urology especially cases of Stricture Urethra.
Apart from being a member of various national and International Urological societies, he is also an active Member of Societie Internationale d’ Urologie.
1. Authored a book in Urology on stricture Urethra with the title ‘Atlas Of Urethroplasty’, published by Jaypee
Brothers Medical Publishers (P) Ltd, New Delhi.
2. Contributed a Chapter on ‘Renal Disorders’ starting page – 280 in the book on ‘Clinics & Grand Round in
Surgery’ By SK Kocchar: ISBN – 81-8061-467-0, Edition 1/e/2005, Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers (P)
Ltd, New Delhi.
Awards / Prizes:
1. Best intern award during Rotatory Internship at AIIMS in 1992.
2. 1st prize in Heart Airway Rescue Training Course conducted at AIIMS in Nov ’95.
3. 2nd prize in Ethicon Suture Practicum workshop on “Suture and Anastomosis” in 1Aug ’96.
4. ‘Best Participant’ prize in the workshop on “Advance techniques in Endoscopy Surgery & Laparoscopic suturing & knotting” organized in collaboration with Leeds Institute of Minimally Invasive therapy & AIIMS in march ’96.
5. Awarded Gold Medal in MS – General Surgery – AIIMS.
6. Awarded the ‘Young Surgeons Travel Fellowship’ by the Japan Surgical Society in April ’97.
7. 3rd prize for the Vijayawada Best Paper award for the year 1999-2000 (Mainz II -as co-author).
8. Best Poster award in the 11th AP-SOGUS ‘99, Kurnool, A.P. , Oct ’99 (multiple ectopic ureters).
9. Best overall paper in the 12th AP-S0GUS ’2000, Visakapatnam, Aug ‘2000 (TFL co-author).
10. Best paper by a P.G. in the 12th AP-S0GUS ’2000, Visakapatnam, Aug ‘2000 (EPN).
11. Best poster in SZ-USICON ‘2000, Visakapatnam, Aug ‘2000 (Kramers Flap).
12. 2nd best paper in SZ-USICON ‘2000, Visakapatnam, Aug ‘2000.
13. Awarded the Membership of National Academy of Medical Sciences in Urology, in Jan’2001.
14. Nominated for – BMJ (British Medical Journal) Awards South Asia- 2015, in Urology.
Committee Appointments / Honours
1. The Founding Member of the Indian Continence Foundation – The ICF was Formally launced during the Interactive Urodynamic workshop organized jointly by Indian Continence Foundation, Asia Pacific Continence Advisory Board & Asian society for Female Urology in Nov. 2003, at Banglore.
2. The Specialty (Urology) Expert in the IMS - The Chandigarh Chapter of the Indian Menopause Society, since 2005.
3. Head Publication Committee of ‘Kidney Centre’ from 2006 to 2008.
4. Chairman of Academic Committee of ‘Kidney Centre’ since 2008.
5. Executive Council Member in the Chandigarh Surgical Society selected in 2010-11.
6. Executive Council Member in the Chandigarh - Indian Medical Association elected in the executive for the year 2011-12 and 2012-13.
7. Presently a Senior Consultant and HOD in a Urology Institute – ‘KIDNEY CENTRE’ A Unit of Mayo Healthcare , Mohali.
A. RESEARCH WORK :
1. Phase IV trials for a drug for overactive bladder, funded by Pfizer in 2002. 15 Investigators were from all Northern Region, India. I was the one from Chandigarh. We had our final meeting in Delhi.
2. Study of The Short Term Results of The Three Techniques of Herniorrhaphy: McVay's, Shouldice and Bassini's.
Done under the guidance of Dr’s A. Kumar, S. Bal and Prof T.K. Chattopadhya and submitted as Thesis work to the faculty of the All India Institute of Medical Sciences, in partial fulfillment for the degree of Master of Surgery.
You can find various information about Dr. Rajesh Gulia on Practo.com.