Fortis Hospital and Kidney Institute, Kolkata
The foundation for Fortis Hospital & Kidney Institute in Kolkata was laid by Mother Teresa and was inaugurated on 3rd July 1999. This hospital has become a prime hospital over the years for all kinds of kidney diseases in Eastern India. Every doctor & medical staff work together to put their best efforts to treat and care for their patients. This hospital is well known for its excellence in diagnosing & treating kidney diseases and disorders. Fortis Hospital & Kidney Institute is a 12-bedded dialysis facility which maintains 4 operation theaters, 60 in-patients beds, 24-hour Dialysis Unit, and 24-hour Renal Medical & Surgical Emergencies with well equipped medical devices. This is one of the hospitals that focuses more on treating the patients who are suffering from kidney disease and this makes Fortis Hospital & Kidney Institute differ from other hospitals in and around Kolkata.
Meaning of the Fortis Logo:
The logo of the Fortis brand projects is a symbol of human values such as trust, ethics, service, and quality. The union of the green color hands and a red dot represents Fortis path to healthcare. The green color of hands represents compassion, nurturing, generosity, wellbeing, and health. The red dot stands for energy, spirituality, courage, and a symbol of good luck.
- To admit a patient in the Fortis Hospital & Kidney Institute, one should get an admission note from the doctor and need to give it to the admission counter.
- If the patient is insured, then the patient will be sent to the insurance desk.
- A Unique Identification Number [UID] will be generated which can be used to save all the medical records of the patient by the hospital for future reference.
- The discharge process will be handled by the respective IP co-ordinators.
- The unused medicines will be returned, and a discharge summary will be prepared by the concerned department.
- If any discharge medicines or medical devices are prescribed, then the doctor will explain how to use them.
- Finally, the bill will be handed over to either patient or caretaker.
Guideline for Visitors:
- Fortis Escorts recognize the family & friends of the patients as an important part of the recovery process.
- At the time of admission, passes for visitors will be issued and all the visitors are requested to wear these passes while on the premises of the hospital.
- For the safety of the patients, the visitors are limited during visiting hours.
- Visitors under 12 years old are restricted on patient floors to protect children from any infections.
- Before & after visiting, sanitation of hands is mandatory.
- Mobile phone use is prohibited in the areas where patient monitoring & medical equipment are in operation.
Patient & Attendant Responsibilities:
- Provide complete and right information including full name, address, date of birth, name of the insurance company, past illness, and medical details.
- Updating the doctors and nurses about the effectiveness of the treatment or operation.
- Should bring only necessary items to the hospital, leaving valuables at home.
- By hospital rules and safety regulations, noise levels must be as low as possible while talking or attending a phone call.
- The attendant or patient handles keeping appointments and being on time. If not, call the doctor or hospital.
Patient & Attendant Rights:
- Being a patient or caregiver, you have the right to be treated with respect, dignity, and compassion in a safe and clean environment.
- Protection to your privacy and confidentiality in treatment options, and examinations.
- A clear and detailed explanation by the doctor about the diagnosis, benefits, and risks of each treatment.
- Protection from physical mistreatment and carelessness.
- Either patient or attendant can request a copy of their medical records.
Fortis Hospital and Kidney Institute in Kolkata is the center for Excellence of:
- Renal sciences
- Obstetrics & Gynaecology
- Bone & Joint surgery
- Internal medicine
- International patient care
- 24-Hour Dialysis unit
- 24-Hour Renal Medical & Surgical emergencies
- Intensive Care Unit [ICU]
- Operation theatres24x7
- Ambulance service
- Blood banks
- ATM services
- Car parking
Location Selector in Kolkata:
- Fortis Hospital and Kidney Institute- Kolkata
- Fortis Hospital, Anandapur- Kolkata
- Fortis Medical Centre- Kolkata
Visiting hours for in-patient wards:
- In-wards - 10 am to 11 am
- 4 pm to 7 pm
- ICU - 11:30 am to 12:30 pm
- 4:30 pm to 5:30 pm