Fortis Hospital, Anandapur, Kolkata
Fortis is the fastest growing healthcare provider in the world with well-equipped technology and ultramodern medical facilities. The brand Fortis was officially established by the late Dr.Parvinder Singh in the year 1996. From then on, Fortis has been known all over the world for providing the best medical support and treatment to their patients. The doctors and the medical staff of the Fortis are committed to one mission which is “Saving & Enriching Lives”. Fortis has done remarkable breakthroughs by treating and saving the lives of patients who are suffering from the most complex and severe diseases. In 2012, Fortis Anandapur has performed the “1st Awaken Brain Craniotomy in Eastern India” and in 2015, complex 5 chambers heart operation was carried out on a pediatric patient. This hospital has 400 beds which are usable and the ICU is well equipped with the latest medical technology and has 70 beds that include Medical Intensive Care Unit [MICU] & Coronary Care Unit [CCU]. Fortis Hospital Anandapur has over 28 advanced Dialysis Units and this is one of the well-advanced hospitals in Kolkata city. Putting all these achievements together, Fortis Hospital Anandapur is one of the best multispeciality hospitals in Eastern India.
Meaning of the Fortis Logo:
The logo of the Fortis brand projects is a symbol of human values such as trust, ethics, service, and quality. The union of the green color hands and a red dot represents Fortis path to healthcare. The green color of hands represents compassion, nurturing, generosity, wellbeing, and health. The red dot stands for energy, spirituality, courage, and a symbol of good luck.
- To admit a patient in the Fortis Hospital Anandapur, one should get an admission note from the doctor and need to give it to the admission counter.
- If the patient is insured, then the patient will be sent to the insurance desk.
- A Unique Identification Number [UID] will be generated which can be used to save all the medical records of the patient by the hospital for future reference.
- The discharge process will be handled by the respective IP co-ordinators.
- The unused medicines will be returned, and a discharge summary will be prepared by the concerned department.
- If any discharge medicines or medical devices are prescribed, then the doctor will explain how to use them.
- Finally, the bill will be handed over to either patient or caretaker.
Guideline for Visitors:
- Fortis Escorts recognize the family & friends of the patients as an important part of the recovery process.
- At the time of admission, passes for visitors will be issued and all the visitors are requested to wear these passes while on the premises of the hospital.
- For the safety of the patients, the visitors are limited during visiting hours.
- Visitors under 12 years old are restricted on patient floors to protect children from any infections.
- Before & after visiting, sanitation of hands is mandatory.
- Mobile phone use is prohibited in the areas where patient monitoring & medical equipment are in operation.
Patient & Attendant Responsibilities:
- Provide complete and right information including full name, address, date of birth, name of the insurance company, past illness, and medical details.
- Updating the doctors and nurses about the effectiveness of the treatment or operation.
- Should bring only necessary items to the hospital, leaving valuables at home.
- By hospital rules and safety regulations, noise levels must be as low as possible while talking or attending a phone call
- The attendant or patient handles keeping appointments and being on time. If not, call the doctor or hospital.
Patient & Attendant Rights:
- Being a patient or caregiver, you have the right to be treated with respect, dignity, and compassion in a safe and clean environment.
- Protection to your privacy and confidentiality in treatment options, and examinations.
- A clear and detailed explanation by the doctor about the diagnosis, benefits, and risks of each treatment.
- Protection from physical mistreatment and carelessness.
- Either patient or attendant can request a copy of their medical records.
Fortis Hospital Anandapur has world-class doctors who are specialized in:
- Pulmonology/Lung care
- Bone & Joint surgery
- Cardiology & Cardiac surgery
- Obstetrics & Gynaecology
- Internal medicine
- 24-hour Accident & Emergency service
- International patient care
- Intensive Care Unit [ICU]
- 24x7 Pharmacy
- Operation theatres
- Diagnostic center
- Ambulance service
- Blood banks
- ATM services
- Car parking
Location Selector in Kolkata:
- Fortis Hospital, Anandapur- Kolkata
- Fortis Hospital and Kidney Institute- Kolkata
- Fortis Medical Centre- Kolkata
Visiting hours for in-patient wards:
- In-wards - 10 am to 11 am
- 4 pm to 7 pm
- ICU - 11:30 am to 12:30 pm
- 4:30 pm to 5:30 pm