Fed up of endless wait?
Look for clinic with Prime
Dr. Arpit C Dave

Dr. Arpit C Dave

MBBS, DNB - Orthopedics/Orthopedic Surgery, Diploma in Trauma and Ortho Surgery


11 Years Experience Overall  (11 years as specialist)

98% (545 votes)

Orthopaedic Surgeon, trained in Europe in superspeciality of Shoulder, Knee and Sports Arthroscopy Surgeries.Has experience of having performed around 1000 Arthroscopy Surgeries in last 3 years. Attached at Babasaheb Ambedkar Municipal Hospital, Kandivli as Asst Honorary Orthopaedic Surgeon.Practising as a freelancing Arthroscopy Surgeon at various Hospitals and Institutes all over Mumbai.

Dahisar East, Mumbai

Dr. Dave's Clinic


C 101, Tanvi Complex, Next To HP Petrol Pump, S V Road, Near Anand Nagar, Landmark: Opposite Bank of Baroda., Mumbai

Get Directions

+ 1

Mon - Sat

07:00 - 09:30


Common questions & answers

Q: Who is an Orthopaedist?

A: An orthopaedist is a medical doctor who specializes in diagnosis and treatment of disorders related to the skeletal system. An orthopaedic doctor attends to any disorder or condition or injury pertaining to the bones, muscles, joints, and ligaments associated with the skeletal system. These medical professionals treat conditions like arthritis, back pain, sports injuries, and leg and foot pain

Q: What is the difference between an Orthopaedist and an Orthopaedic surgeon?

A: Orthopaedists are sometimes mistakenly referred to as orthopaedic surgeons. An orthopaedist deals with conditions related to the musculoskeletal system. He provides pre-surgical consultation and post-surgical follow up. An orthopaedic surgeon provides same care as orthopaedist, but performs surgery as well. He performs surgery to cure back pain, ruptured discs, bone tumours, carpal tunnel, arthritis and other injuries.

Q: Does an Orthopaedist treat foot and ankle related problems?

A: Yes, an orthopaedist deals with musculoskeletal problems within the body. Problems related to foot and ankle fall under this category. Common foot problems like bunions, ankle sprains, arthritis, and sports injury are treated by an orthopaedist. Diagnosis of foot and ankle related problems are done through imaging tests. The mode of treatment depends on the severity of the problem.

Q: Does one need a doctor referral to see an Orthopaedist?

A: One can consult an orthopaedist by booking an appointment. Consultation with the orthopaedist is conducted in his/her clinic or at a healthcare centre. In some cases, patients go to a general physician for any condition or disorder related to the musculoskeletal system. Once preliminary investigation is done, the general physician may refer the patient to an orthopaedist for further examination.

Q: Does an Orthopaedist treat sport injuries?

A: Sport injuries are mostly related to the musculoskeletal system. Injuries like ligament tear, sprains, fractures, muscle pull, or bruises are commonly encountered in sports. An orthopaedist is the right medical doctor to consult for sport injuries. After physical examination, the orthopaedist may ask for imaging tests for confirming the extent of damage and then treat accordingly.



MBBS - MGM Medical College and Hospital, 2005
DNB - Orthopedics/Orthopedic Surgery - National Board of Examination, India, 2010
Diploma in Trauma and Ortho Surgery - Lokmanya Medical Foundation, Pune, 2009


2008 - 2010 Consultant at KEM Hospital


2007062338 Maharashtra Medical Council, 2007
Report an Error
Contact Clinic to book appointment
Dr. Dave's Clinic
Change Clinic
Dahisar East
Due to lockdown you can call the clinic to check for doctor availability and appointment booking.