Fed up of endless wait?
Look for clinic with Prime

Dr. Sridhar Musthyala

Dr. Sridhar Musthyala

Dr. Sridhar Musthyala

Profile is claimed

MBBS, Diploma in Orthopaedics, FRCS - Trauma & Orthopedic Surgery


20 Years Experience Overall  (20 years as specialist)

Medical Registration Verified

92% (26 votes)

Dr. Sridhar Musthyala did his Undergraduate from Gandhi Medical college Hyd, then he did his Diploma Orthopedics from the Prestigious JIPMER Pondicherry, He then went to the United Kingdom and worked at Reputed Orthopedic surgeon and gained width Experience in Joint Replacement/ Arthroplasty etc, He did his FRCS Surgeon in2001 and FRCS Trauma & Orthopedic in 2008. he returned to India in 2011.

3 clinics for General Consultation

General Consultation
Joint Replacement
Search procedure

Ameerpet, Hyderabad

Indo US-Superspeciality Hospital


7-1-57/B&C, Shyam Karan Road, Anand Bagh, Landmark: Near Lal Bungalow, Hyderabad

Get Directions

+ 8

Mon - Sat

02:30 - 05:30

Max. 30 mins wait + Verified details

Common questions & answers

Q: Who is an Orthopaedist?

A: An orthopaedist is a medical doctor who specializes in diagnosis and treatment of disorders related to the skeletal system. An orthopaedic doctor attends to any disorder or condition or injury pertaining to the bones, muscles, joints, and ligaments associated with the skeletal system. These medical professionals treat conditions like arthritis, back pain, sports injuries, and leg and foot pain

Q: What is the difference between an Orthopaedist and an Orthopaedic surgeon?

A: Orthopaedists are sometimes mistakenly referred to as orthopaedic surgeons. An orthopaedist deals with conditions related to the musculoskeletal system. He provides pre-surgical consultation and post-surgical follow up. An orthopaedic surgeon provides same care as orthopaedist, but performs surgery as well. He performs surgery to cure back pain, ruptured discs, bone tumours, carpal tunnel, arthritis and other injuries.

Q: Does an Orthopaedist treat foot and ankle related problems?

A: Yes, an orthopaedist deals with musculoskeletal problems within the body. Problems related to foot and ankle fall under this category. Common foot problems like bunions, ankle sprains, arthritis, and sports injury are treated by an orthopaedist. Diagnosis of foot and ankle related problems are done through imaging tests. The mode of treatment depends on the severity of the problem.

Q: Does one need a doctor referral to see an Orthopaedist?

A: One can consult an orthopaedist by booking an appointment. Consultation with the orthopaedist is conducted in his/her clinic or at a healthcare centre. In some cases, patients go to a general physician for any condition or disorder related to the musculoskeletal system. Once preliminary investigation is done, the general physician may refer the patient to an orthopaedist for further examination.

Q: Does an Orthopaedist treat sport injuries?

A: Sport injuries are mostly related to the musculoskeletal system. Injuries like ligament tear, sprains, fractures, muscle pull, or bruises are commonly encountered in sports. An orthopaedist is the right medical doctor to consult for sport injuries. After physical examination, the orthopaedist may ask for imaging tests for confirming the extent of damage and then treat accordingly.



MBBS - Dr. NTR University of Health Sciences Andhra Pradesh, 1996
Diploma in Orthopaedics - JIPMER, Pondicherry, 1999
FRCS - Trauma & Orthopedic Surgery - Fellow of Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, UK, 2011


Andhra Pradesh Medical Council


2000 - 2011 Orthopedic Surgeon at U.K.
Orthopedic Surgeon at Indo-US Hospital


38011 Andhra Pradesh Medical Council, 1996
Report an Error
Pick a time slot
Indo US-Superspeciality Hospital
Change Clinic
4.5580Max 30 mins wait