Fed up of endless wait?
Look for clinic with Prime
Dr. M A Raoof

Dr. M A Raoof

Claim this profile

MBBS, Diploma in Urology


33 Years Experience Overall  (28 years as specialist)

Medical Registration Verified

90% (20 votes)

Dr. M A Raoof is a Urologist in Barkatpura, Hyderabad and has an experience of 33 years in this field. Dr. M A Raoof practices at Shalini Hospital in Barkatpura, Hyderabad. He completed MBBS from Gandhi Medical College, Hyderabad in 1975,Diploma in Urology from University of Essex, UK in 1992 and P.G.C.E.R.T - REHAB from Vienna university in 1985. He is a member of A.P. Society of Genito Urinary Surgeons,Hyderabad Urology Society and Urology Society Of India. Some of the services provided by the doctor are: Urinary Tract / Bladder Stones Treatment,Urinary Tract Obstruction,Ureterostomy,Radical Prostatectomy and Direct Visual Internal Urethrotomy (DVIU) etc.

Barkatpura, Hyderabad

Shalini Hospital


3-4-140, Landmark: Near Barkatpura Chaman, Hyderabad

Get Directions

+ 10

Mon - Sat

10:00 - 05:00


Common questions & answers

Q: Who is a urologist?

A: A urologist is a doctor specially trained in and who treats diseases of the urinary tract in both males and females. Urologists may also treat diseases of the male reproductive system.

Q: What diseases can urologists treat?

A: Urologists commonly treat diseases such as urinary tract infections (UTI), cystistis, urinary incontinence, bladder stones, kidney stones,cancers, prostate enlargements, scrotal diseases. etc.

Q: What is the difference between an urologist and a nephrologist?

A: A nephrologist is a medical physician who specially treats complex diseases that affect the kidneys such as nephritis, kidney stones, polycystic kidney disease, and acute and chronic kidney failure. An urologist treats the urinary tract system in both men and women.

Q: When should I visit a urologist?

A: One should visit a urologist if there are symptoms such as burning and pain during urination, presence of blood in urine, pain in abdomen, incontinence or repeated urinary tract infections (UTIs).

Q: Can a urologist treat diseases of the female reproductive system?

A: Urologists can treat common illnesses in females such as urinary tract infections, bladder inflammations, prolapse and cancers. For conditions related to uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes, they are referred to a gynecologist.


Awards and Recognitions

Presented ten papers in various National and International Urology Conferences
Conducted numerous Endo Urology Workshops at National and International level


MBBS - Gandhi Medical College, Hyderabad, 1975
Diploma in Urology - University of Essex, UK, 1992


A.P. Society of Genito Urinary Surgeons
Hyderabad Urology Society
Urology Society Of India


6476 Hyderabad Medical Council, 1976

Trainings and Certifications

P.G.C.E.R.T - REHAB - Vienna university, 1985
Report an Error
Contact Clinic to book appointment
Shalini Hospital
Due to lockdown you can call the clinic to check for doctor availability and appointment booking.
Instantly consult other urologist online
Dr. M A Raoof is currently not consulting online with Practo