Fed up of endless wait?
Look for clinic with Prime
Dr. Arun Mukka

Dr. Arun Mukka

Claim this profile

MBBS, MD - General Medicine, DM - Endocrinology




6 Years Experience Overall  (6 years as specialist)

Medical Registration Verified

Dr. Arun Mukka is a Endocrinologist and Diabetologist in Somajiguda, Hyderabad and has an experience of 6 years in these fields. Dr. Arun Mukka practices at Yashoda Hospitals Somajiguda in Somajiguda, Hyderabad. He completed MBBS from Maharashtra Universtity of Health Sciences, Nashik in 2004,MD - General Medicine from Osmania Medical College, Hyderabad in 2008 and DM - Endocrinology from Sri Venkateswara Institute of Medical Sciences (SVIMS), Tirupati in 2014. He is a member of Association of Physicians of India,ENDOCRINE SOCIETY OF INDIA,IndianThyroid Society and Indian society of Bone & Mineral research. Some of the services provided by the doctor are: Thyroid Disorder Treatment,Growth Problems,Metabolic disease,Diabetes and Hormonal imbalances etc.

Somajiguda, Hyderabad

Yashoda Hospitals Somajiguda


Room Number 241, Block A, Raj Bhavan Road, Landmark: Near Punjagutta Central, Hyderabad

Get Directions

+ 4

Mon - Sat

10:00 - 04:00


Common questions & answers

Q: Who is an endocrinologist?

A: An endocrinologist is a medical professional specialized in the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of hormone-secreting (endocrine) glands in the human body. He is trained to treat disorders of thyroid, pituitary, pancreas, etc. that produce hormones.

Q: For what symptoms can I consult an endocrinologist?

A: You can meet an endocrinologist if you notice symptoms of hormone-related diseases like sudden weight loss or gain, acne, facial hair in women, infertility, feeling too tired easily, severe hair loss, feeling too cold or too hot, change in voice, etc.

Q: What diseases does an endocrinologist treat?

A: The endocrinologist can treat diseases of like hypo or hyper-thyroidism, reduced or excess insulin production, gigantism, dwarfism, Cushing's syndrome, hypo or hyper-pituitarinism, PCOD, infertility, etc.

Q: What training is needed to be an endocrinologist?

A: An endocrinologist has to take at least 10 years of training, which has 4 years of medical school (MBBS), followed by a residency period of 3 years to gain expertise in treating the patient. They have an additional 2 or 3 years of training in endocrinology (MD or DM).

Q: Can an endocrinologist treat PCOD?

A: An endocrinologist or a reproductive endocrinologist who is specialized in sex hormones can treat and help in managing PCOD.


Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Growth Problems
Hormonal imbalances
Short stature
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
Pubertal Disorders

Awards and Recognitions

Gold Medal for Best Outcoming Student in SVIMS - 2014


MBBS - Maharashtra Universtity of Health Sciences, Nashik, 2004
MD - General Medicine - Osmania Medical College, Hyderabad, 2008
DM - Endocrinology - Sri Venkateswara Institute of Medical Sciences (SVIMS), Tirupati, 2014


Association of Physicians of India
IndianThyroid Society
Indian society of Bone & Mineral research


2014 - 2017 Consultant Endocrinologist at Yashoda Hospitals


51223 Andhra Pradesh Medical Council, 2004
Report an Error
Contact Clinic to book appointment
Yashoda Hospitals Somajiguda
Due to lockdown you can call the clinic to check for doctor availability and appointment booking.
Instantly consult other endocrinologist online
Dr. Arun Mukka is currently not consulting online with Practo