Basics about spine
Spine / Backbone / Vertebral column is made of 33 individual bones(vertebrae) stacked one on top of the other with intervertebral disc, tendons, ligaments, spinal nerves & muscles to provide main support to body & allow to stand upright .
Adult spine has natural "S" shape with 33 number of vertebrae.
Cervical spine (neck) = 7
Thoracic spine (mid back) =12
Lumbar spine (lower back) =5
Sacrum & coccyx (tail) = 9
What are the probable diseases of spine that you may have?
- Herniation, bulging
- Degenerative disc diseases
- Ankylosing spondylosis
- Spinal stenosis
Trauma (most probably blunt) orAccidents / fall
Degeneration wear & tear
Improper sitting postures &continue sitting for long
Minor to major injuries
Muscular spasm or twitching
In India lack of knowledge & avoidance of symptoms are main causes ,If we treat early it can be cured in less time.
How to Diagnose:-
Nerve conduction study
Continue mild dull pain relief after lying down
Pain during forward bending at particular angle
If nerve compression is there;continue moderate to severe pain
Exercise that helps you:-
Stretching exercise as per intensity of pain
We recommend different asana to perform regular basis like bhujangasana, markatasan, pawanmuktasana, setu bandhasana, salabhasana, ustrasana .
Goodness of Ayurveda
First you must understand the current allopathy treatment & diagnosis. I have seen several patients having pain in neck or lower back. They complete allopathy consultation with X ray or MRI ,doctor has prescribed pain killers & calcium + vit d supplements in early stages of pains & degenerative changes, do you think that it will stop further degeneration of it? No, it’s not an actual treatment in order to make it heal or re-generation of bones, it’s just stopping brain to receive pain signals from particular joints. In such case who had continued pain killer they don’t feel any pain & work very normal that increases the degeneration which leads to moderate to severe pain. Finally they have only one option to go for surgeries with allopathy.
Here with Ayurveda we are focused to treat it from root .for that we start treatment to heal & repositioning of vertebra with different an Ayurvedic therapies which we are going to discuss now
- Basti –medicated enema slow down the rate of degeneration that directly help to regeneration /rejuvenate. & better absorption of essential nutritional elements.
- Kati or manya basti –pouring medicated oil to lumbar or cervical spinal affected joints helps to promote healing of degeneration taken place at the join & vertebral disc.Proper massage & steam to spine & whole helps to provide lubrication & strength it relieves pain, relax surrounding the spinal joint.
- Proper massage & Steam(nadi Swedan)- helps oil to reach out to joint as well make joints light,release stiffness & offers easy –better movements.
- Pind swedan – provides strength to paraspinal muscles & tendons to get better stability. It also improves muscle tone which help to maintain proper space between vertebras Ayurvedic medicines have different properties which we used to cure joint pain.it reduces inflammation, provides strength, promotes healing, allows better range of mobility.
Important thing these Ayurvedic medicines as well procedures like basti & massage provides strength to all joints & bones in the body not any specific joint . why its complete treatment & best preventive measurement for spine & joint pains.
Isn’t it real goodness of Ayurveda!
you can visit clinic or take direct online consultation via practo for further guidance.
Shri Sai Ayurveda panchakarma clinic, Govind nagar, Nashik. Maharashtra. M: 9766123417