Fruits occupy more space in stomach, rich in micro nutrients , gives you feeling of satiety and less in calories so they are good for diabetes patient.
Following fruits are good for diabetes patient as they are low in glycemic index and rich in micro nutrients.
- Apple - Apple a day keeps doctor away. Apples contain antioxidants, which help to reduce cholesterol levels, cleanse the digestive system, and boost the immune system. Apples also contain nutrients that help in the digestion of fats.
- Orange - Citrus fruits are rich in vitamin c and good to have daily.
- Guava - Guavas are high in vitamin A and vitamin C and contain high amounts of dietary fiber. This fruit has a reasonably low GI. and good for constipation which is commonly suffered by diabetics.
- Pears - they are rich in vitamins and fibre. good for snacking in between meals.
- Peaches - have Low Glycemic Index and good for diabetes patient.
- Kiwi - they are good for diabetics, mostly available in big shopping malls in mumbai. should be avoided in diabetic nephropathy patients due to high potassium content.
- Berries - They are rich source of antioxidants. Strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, cranberries and blackberries are good for diabetes patients.
- Starfruit - they are good for diabetics, helps to lower sugar but should be avoided in diabetics with renal problems.
- Cherries - cherries have very low GI and good for diabetics.
- Black Jamun - last but not the least black jamun or Jambhul is good for diabetics and helps to lower blood sugar levels.
If You Like This Post, Like It And Share.....