In today’s world, snoozing can be difficult, because of many reasons like computers, late night working, TVs, cell phones, etc due to which you tend to stay awake just a little longer.
But do you know lack of sleep can = weight gain? Yes, that’s true lack of sleep can lead to Weight Gain.
As skipping on sleep your brain tends to make wrong decisions e.g; 1) poor sleep can cause cells to become insulin resistant which can lead to type-2 diabetes and weight gain, 2) over eating junk/ fried/ carbs, sugar craving, 3) skipping exercise, 4) decreases your resting metabolic rate, fatigue and tired, etc
Tips to get good night sleep:
- Eat right e.g. eat small frequent meals, drink plenty of water, choose complex carbs over simple carbs, lean protein and healthy fats i.e. omega-3 like fish, walnuts, also eat more of fruits and vegetables in your diet and avoid all refined, canned, processed, sugary, fried and junk food.
- Get the best mattress you can afford, use shades, earplugs, and a fan to create a restful environment.
- 1 glass of warm milk at bed-time will help you to get good night sleep.
- Exercise daily for 45-60 mins. Physical activity during the day can help you fall asleep faster at night.
- Avoid eating heaving at night.
- Do not work on phones/ laptop, watching T.V or reading in bed.
- Don’t stress. Try Yoga.
- Try to get 7-9 hours of sleep every night for good health.