Fungal infection is one of the most common infection, which can result in lots itching and sleepless nights. It can spread from one person to another but with proper knowledge and understanding, spread can be prevented. Though it can occur in any season or age group but is most common in summers and rainy season. Most commonly it is seen in the areas of skin folds with moisture, humidity and sweating like - below the breast, underarms, thighs, private parts. It has a tendency to come back again and again even after the treatment. But with proper and adequate treatment and few precautions it can, not only be completely cured but can be prevented as well.
The key to successful treatment depends on how early you start the treatment because the earlier you start the treatment...... the better and the faster will be the results.....
Below are a few tips to identify it and to prevent it.
- Itching and burning
- Formation of circular rings
- Formation of fissures
- Blackening of nails
- Hair fall and flakes in the scalp
- Wash your clothes daily in hot water, sundry and iron them before wearing
- Wear loose cotton clothes
- Keep your nails well-trimmed and clean
- Avoid wearing tight and wet clothes
- Avoid manicures and pedicures especially in the rainy season
- Avoid sharing towels, napkins or clothes
- Avoid self-treatment
- Avoid using any steroid creams