- 3 bundles lettuce
- 2 onions
- 2 1/4 cups milk
- 2 tbsp amaranth flour/oat meal
- 2 tbsp butter/olive oil
- salt and black pepper (kalimirch) powder to taste
1. Chop the lettuce and onions.
2. Heat the butter in a vessel, add the chopped vegetables and fry for a little time.
3. Mix the milk and plain flour and add to the vegetable mixture together with 3 teacups of water.
4. Cook for 10 minutes.
5. Blend them mixture in a liquidiser and strain the soup.
6. Heat for some time, add salt and pepper.
7. Serve hot.
Lettuce is beneficial in the treatment of insomnia as it contains a sleep inducing substance called 'lectucarium'