The Q-switched laser is used to remove unwanted brown spots, sun freckles, or tattoos from your skin. The laser energy pulse, which is in billionths of a second, releases the pigment into the skin so it can be naturally reabsorbed and disposed of by the body.
The laser energy feels like many tiny hot dots on your skin.
Q-switched Laser Technology offers the only non-invasive, effective method for removing tattoos without scarring, plus treat other cosmetic issues such as fine lines, enlarged pores, pigmented lesions, vascular lesions . Because they cause minimal side effects and deliver reliable results, Q-switched Laser Technology is the future of the aesthetics industry.
The term “Q-switch” refers to the type of pulse created by the laser. Unlike common laser pointers that create a continuous laser beam, Q-switched lasers create laser beam pulses that last mere billionths of a second. Because the energy from the laser is emitted in such a brief period of time, the energy is concentrated into very powerful pulses. The powerful, brief pulses have two key benefits. First, these pulses are powerful enough to shatter tiny fragments of ink or pigmentation, stimulate collagen production, or kill fungus. Not all aesthetic lasers have sufficient power for these applications, which is why Q-switched lasers are prized for their efficacy.vSecond, because the energy is in the skin for mere nanoseconds, the surrounding tissue is not harmed. Only the ink is heated up and shattered, while the surrounding tissue stays unaffected. The briefness of the pulse is what allows these lasers to remove tattoos (or excess melanin, or kill fungus) without unwanted side effects.
Conditions treated by Q-switch laser
- Tattoo Removal
- Pigmented Lesions (age spots, sun spots, birthmarks, Nevus of Ota, Nevus of Ito, Mongolian spots, freckles, moles, cafe-au-lait, etc.)
- Vascular Lesions (spider veins, telangiectasia, port wine stains, etc.)
- Skin Rejuvenation (increases collagen production to reverse the signs of aging)
- Stretch marks
- Open pores
- Sebum control
How many sessions are required?
- 3-6 sessions are needed according to the diagnosis of the pigmentation, where as for skin rejuvenation once in a month session is recommended by are physician.
- No side effects.
- Non invasive, painless and most effective treatment.