Rheumatoid Arthritis- Autoimmune Arthritis
Rheumatoid Arthritis Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) is an autoimmune disease characterised by inflamed joints leading to swelling, pain, stiffness and the possible loss of function. As the disease progresses,the joints of the hand and feet can become deformed. Twice as common among women than men, arthritis afflicts 26 million women as compared to 14.2 million men.
The disease can begin at any age, but most often starts after age forty and before sixty. In some families, multiple members can be affected, suggesting a genetic basis for the disorder. Along with painful, inflamed joints, RA can cause inflammation in other body tissues and organs. Occasionally people with RA develop the membranes that surround the heart and lung or inflammation of the lung tissue itself. RA can even, though rarely cause inflammation of the blood vessels (Vasculitis ), which affected skin nerves and other organs. With joint aches and stiffness turning even normal activities into painful ordeals, arthritis can have a deleterious effect on the quality of lives of its victims.
Homoeopathy provides a helpful crutch as it is effective relieves pain and stiffness as demonstrated by the following research: A study was carried out where 200 patients suffering from Rheumatoid arthritis, were treated with Constitutional Homeopathic remedies. The group improved to such as extent that they were able to give up all other medication while a further quarter reported that Homeopathy reduced their symptoms enough that they could reduce their usual medication.In a Double blind controlled study conducted in Britain in 1980,82 % of group that received Homeopathic treatment reported significant improvement in their condition of Rheumatoid arthritis versus 21% the control group that was given placebos.The subjects in this study received individually prescribed constitutional Homeopathic remedies.Homeopathy is a Holistic system of medicine is quite different from other systems of Medicine.Because it treats the each case differently not on based on diagnosis.Physical and emotional make up of the patients helps us to select the suitable remedy.With solutions being customised,recoveries are more certain and Safe with no side effects,homeopathic treatment raises the bodys natural immunity leading to lasting results.Time and care are needed for promising positive and definte results.
Do's and Don'ts:
- Exercise regularly: it strengthens the muscles that support arthritis joints, increases the range of motion in the joints and reduces body weight thus reducing the load on joints.
- Eat well: foods that help prevent arthritis or help reduce its symptoms are omega 3 fatty acids (found in walnuts and soybean kernels, whole grain products, eggs, fortified bread, cereals and milk, and foods containing vitamin c such as berries and citrus fruits.
- Do breathing exercises, meditation or any other stress-relieving exercises: develop positive attitude it can help to bring down the inflammation, pain, swelling gradually.
- Avoid vigorous activities such as jogging and playing tennis, they can put sudden pressure on the affected joints which can lead to swelling and inflammation thus aggravating your condition.
- Cut down on rice, potatoes, fried foods
- Avoid meat
Conventional treatments help to quickly relieve pain and suffering in a shorter duration of time and most often a person gets dependant on the medication and rheumatoid arthritis remains as it is.I suggest one should also try alternative medicines like Homeopathy, which is a Mind and Body medicines it can greatly bring down the suffering and reduce the allopathic medication dependency and over a period of time they can completely come out of this illness from its root.