Nutritional tips for today's women
Let food be your medicine, your medicine shall be your food!!
In recent times women of all age have been dealing with various health issues and they are largely related to nutrition and lifestyle. Women are also ruled by hormones at most of the times, how do we identify if there’s Hormonal Imbalance. The best way to understand is “Without the feeling there is no hormone, without the hormone there is no feeling. The revolution we call mind body medicine was based on this simple discovery; where thought goes, a chemical goes with it.”
Now, let's look at some of the ways that can help us with our nutritional status and hormonal health to be at optimum energy levels and health.
- Eat 3 main meals and at least 2 fruits and 3 veggies in a day.
- Slash the amount of sugar in your diet.
- Detoxify regularly.
- Include nuts and seeds in your diet.
- Drink at least 8–10 glasses of water in a day.
- Eat at least 2 hours before you sleep.
- Follow a time pattern for your meals on daily basis.
- Three hours a week of cardio or weight training considerably reduces cortisol levels.
- Ditch the plastic to avoid thyroid, avoid using cheap plastic cups and containers from restaurant to pack food and microwaving these containers.
- Eat an organic, whole food diet and maintain a healthy weight
- Our body needs carbs to make serotonin, so a low carb diet can lead to a hormonal dip (and a rise in foul moods). You also need the amino acid tryptophan to make serotonin, which you get plenty in foods like yogurt and Banana.
- Take 1 hour for yourself every week and do things that you love. It could be shopping, dancing or taking a massage.
Follow the above tips to enjoy good health!