Maintaining a proper neck posture at work will prevent some of the common neck problems. RSI or Repetitive stress injuries is one of the common causes of neck pain between the age of 25 to 50 years. Your physiotherapist will be able to evaluate your neck pain and suggest you remedial exercises which will prevent neck pain and cure you from this common problem. follow the tips given below for a healthy neck.
- Maintain a good posture - keep your chin tucked in avoid poker chin posture
- Make sure the top edge of your computer monitor is in line with your eye level
- Your computer chair should be adjustable so that it gives you adequate back support.
- Undue stress should not be put at the edge of the table , that is the wrist should not rest at the edge of the table.
- Take frequent work breaks - ideally you should get up from the chair every 40 minutes, to unload the spine.