A decrease in temperature means a drop-in humidity level, taking moisture not only from the air but also from your skin. Keep your skin hydrated, moisturised and flawless this winter by following few easy effective tips:
- Cleanse your face with a gentle cleanser (sulphate-free).
- Use a moisturiser rich with Hyaluronic acid, Glycerine, Ceramides, Vitamin E at least twice a day.
- Use moisturiser as a base for sunscreen and makeup.
- Use of moisturising sunscreen, moisturiser and anti-ageing creams is a must for anyone above 40.
- Use a mild exfoliant once a week to get rid of the dead cells, letting the moisturiser penetrate into the skin. You can also go for mild chemical peels prescribed by the doctor at an interval of 2 to 3 weeks.
- Moisturise your hands & feet with a creamy hydrating moisturiser to prevent cracking.
- Though hot showers and baths are enjoyable in the winter, choose lukewarm water to avoid stripping of the oil away from the skin.
- Synthetic material and artificial silk may add to irritation of the already dry skin in some individuals. So, choose comfortable clothing.
These simple steps add lustre to the skin and enjoyable suppleness.