Studies claim that every forth children will have at least one cavity before reaching the age of four. I am writing 5 important tips for the dental health of your kids:-
- Keep child mouth clean: keep mouth and gums clean even before the eruption of the teeth by running a damp cloth gently over your kids gums to clear off bacteria.
- First toothbrush: Clean teeth gently with a soft-bristle toothbrush and plain water.
- First dentist check up: First birthday is an appropriate time for your child to have first dental check up.
- Incorporate toothpaste: At the age of two kids will be able to brush their own teeth, using only a pea-sized amount of toothpaste.
- Use the 2-2-2 Rule: It is advisable to bring kids to the dentist two times a year, brush two times a day, for two minutes. To encourage brushing, maintain brushing calendar and reward kids after brushing.
Wish all the reader a healthy smile for their kids