When you’re looking for a dentist, you’re searching for more than someone to just clean your teeth.Having a dental home/family dentist allows you to feel comfortable when you’re dropping in for a regular visit and gives you a safe and trusted place to turn for a procedure or dental emergency. Here’s how to find the best dental fit for you and your family.
START WITH BASICS:
- What is the qualification of your doctor? how many years experience do they have?
- Do you find it easy to reach and take appointments with the dentist?
- Do they have a neat office and clean working space?
THE DENTIST PERSONA:
- FRIENDLY: When your dentist takes the time to get to know you, he or she can provide better care options that work according to your medical history.
- GOOD LISTENER: A great doctor takes the time to listen to patients' concerns, and never rushes to levy a treatment.
- GREAT TEACHER:The dentist who is perfect for you is happy to take the time to explain and educate you.
- KEEPS YOUR FINANCE IN MIND: a good dentist understands the patient affordability and advises the best solution based upon good treatment and fair price.
- FEEL AT HOME: The best dentist is invested in making you a long-term patient, which means following up when it's time for an appointment, scheduling regular screenings or X-rays and making you and your family feel recognized when you're in the office.
- NOT A SALESPERSON: You want a dentist – not a salesperson. A good dentist does not unnecessarily force treatments which you are not interested in.
Teaming up with the best medical professionals means working with people who understand your concerns and know your history as a patient. The best dentist always gives you the care that you and your family deserve.