Losing one KG weight means burning 7700 calories on an average. Therefore, if you want to lose a kilo every week, you have to burn 550 calories per day and eat 550 calories less per day. If you’re looking for the best way to burn 550 calories every day, it depends on how much effort you want to put in and how much time you have to devote. Obviously, you’re going to do best if you pick something that you actually enjoy doing, so that you’ll want to do it. Otherwise, most people put off and make excuses about something they don’t really want to do.
If you don’t have 60 minutes at a time to do one activity, you can split it up over the day and still lose the weight! I’ve estimated calories for these activities for an average man who weighs 75 kilos. If you’re heavier – you’ll burn even more calories! However, if you slack off and don’t push yourself, you’ll burn less calories.
1. 120 Minutes of brisk walking ( at 3 mph pace )- This is the most simplest exercise one can do. Try to reach 10,000 steps per day and beyond.
2. Jog for 60 minutes (with at least a 5 mph pace)- Once you are regular with your walking, start jogging. This is just like running, except you won’t be pushing yourself as hard, so you have to go for twice as long. Try splitting it up!
3. Run for 30 minutes (with at least an 8 mph pace)- This requires endurance and training. After 3-4 days of jogging you can graduate to this level. Running is such great exercise because you don’t need equipment and it’s incredibly efficient, which means you’ll see results fast.
*Make sure to add strength training to your routine in order to maximize your results and keep your lean muscle mass, since running can cause you to lose it if you do only running.
4. Swim for 60 minutes- This isn’t just doing the back-float for 60 minutes and calling it a day – you actually have to swim up and down the lane! However, the plus side is that this is a super effective way to burn calories.
5. Hiking for 120 minutes- Other than the awesome benefits of getting to see beautiful scenery and breathe the fresh outdoors air, hiking will also raise your heart rate and get your body burning calories. Try doing a couple hours of hiking each week (particularly on Sundays) to improve your mood and your mindset as well as your body.
6. Tennis/badminton/volleyball for 1 hour - Do you like sports? Then you’re in luck! Sports are an awesome way to burn calories – it is most fun as it is competitive and encourages team spirit.
7. Strength Training/ Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) Training- In combination with running or other exercises, strength training will not only help you burn 550 calories , but it will help shape the areas of your body you want looking best like your buns, thighs, and arms, and also boost your metabolism to burn more calories while you’re resting. MMA helps in learning self-discipline and how to defend yourself from any possible threats.
8. Power Aerobics/ High intensity interval training- Try doing High Intensity Interval Training applied to an aerobics routine for 50 minutes. If you want to take it easier and at a slower pace, increase the time spent training to 70 minutes.
9. 75 minutes of bicycling- Whether you do this on a stationary bike or on your own, biking is a great way to burn calories. Plus, you can use it as transportation– saving yourself PETROL and getting in shape all at the same time.
10. Dance - Try picking up a dance class, either at your gym or even in the comfort of your own home. It doesn’t matter whether you know how to dance – the only important thing is that you keep moving. Modern dancing will burn 310 calories over 60 minutes.
11. 45-50 minutes on the rowing machine- This is an awesome exercise and a great way to efficiently burn calories – if you use proper form.Remember not to round your back going forward, and remember to fully extend your legs before you pull with your arms, and you’ll be fine.
12. 50 minutes of jump rope- Jumping rope is an awesome way to burn calories. Don’t try to do all 50 minutes at once – instead break it up over the day into 5 or 10 minute chunks like while you’re watching TV or listening to music.
Can’t do any of these? No problem!
You can still burn 550 calories daily without doing any exercise at all. Just follow these steps, each step will help you burn 50-75 calories
1. Take shower every day – 10 minutes of vigorous bathing with soap/ shampoo will burn 50 calories
2. Walk your dog for 20 minutes- will burn 50 calories
3. Take the stairs at home and office - it can burn upto 40 calories
4. Park your car at a distance – walk around the office. can burn 50 calories
5. Get milk/bread/newspaper from the neighbourhood market
6. Wash your car
7. Cook a meal &wash the dishes
8. Clean/ vacuum your house
9. Talk over the phone while walking
10. Work in the garden
11. Play with kids for half an hour