What Is Oil Pulling?
Oil pulling (Kavala) is known as an ancient Ayurvedic technique and is centuries old. While it is considered as the bygone form of dental health, it is claimed that oil pulling also has a deep effect on overall well being as it is concluded that the teeth and its root systems majorly affect the other parts of the body.
Oil pulling is a natural detoxifying treatment in which swishing a spoon of oil around your mouth every day for anything up to 20 minutes. The oil you swish targets toxins in your mouth. These toxins stick to the oil, enabling you to get them out of your body along with oil when you spit out.
How Does Oil Pulling Work?
Even though oil pulling focuses on your mouth, but it facilitates to remove the bad stuff from your body and is considered to have numerous health benefits. With oil pulling, the microflora (bacteria and other organisms) in the mouth restores its balance while targeting on the toxins that have already collected in the body for a span of time, as a result, your body got detoxified and rejuvenated.
Not only oil-pulling said to be advantageous for one’s oral health but it also has additional benefits on one’s body.
Oil pulling also has some other benefits that facial lines and wrinkles smooth out by oil pull regularly.
Give Oil Pulling A Try
Give oil pulling a try as you have already read above its health benefits, but before moving to the final step of oil pulling, you need to make sure that you have the right kind of oil on hand. Use the following two Ayurvedic Oils:
- Nirgundi Oil
- Coconut Oil
Nirgundi is used popularly in Ayurveda because it is an effective analgesic, anti-inflammatory and appetizer and serves many other benefits to make a person stay healthy and recover from various illnesses.
Mentioned below are the best health benefits of Nirgundi herb:
Anti-Inflammatory Properties - Nirgundi works great to provide relief from ache. It reduces pain and inflammation of the muscles and the joints as well as internal ailments. Ulcers can be treated by consuming nirgundi as well.
Treats Mouth Ulcer - The nirgundi is rich in the medicinal properties which effectively treats an ulcer in the mouth, Treating Skin Diseases - Numerous skin diseases can be treated using nirgundi.
Helps In Digestion - Nirgundi is an amazing remedy for digestive disorders. It helps to give strength to the digestive system and improves its functioning. It helps in reducing gas formation and increases appetite too.
Eases Respiratory System - Using nirgundi as an herbal tea helps in treating congestion in the respiratory tract by removing phlegm from it. This Ayurvedic herb targets respiratory diseases such as bronchitis, asthma, and pneumonia.
Works As An Anti-Acne - Acne is a major and serious concern for a lot of people these days. Nirgundi has a healing effect on acne as well as the breakout caused due to hormonal changes.
Heals Wounds - Nirgundi has anti-bacterial, analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties, which make it an excellent ingredient for healing wounds.
Coconut is highly rich in vitamin B6, iron, and minerals like magnesium, zinc, copper, manganese.
Some surprising Benefits Of Coconut:
Kills Harmful Microorganisms - Fatty acid present in coconut can kill harmful bacteria, viruses, and fungi.
Promotes Dental Care - Coconut oil can be effective in reducing plaque formation and plaque-induced gingivitis.
Antimicrobial Effects - Coconut oil kills the viruses that cause influenza, measles, hepatitis, herpes, and, other serious health issues. It kills bacteria that cause ulcers, throat infections as well.
Digestive & Immune System - The saturated fats present in coconut oil have antimicrobial, antibacterial and antiviral properties and these properties may help in dealing efficiently with numerous bacteria, fungi, and parasites that cause various health issues.
After reading the benefits of above two herbs, it has given assurance for providing a positive impact on the health of the skin while maintaining youthful looks.
How Does One Oil-Pull?
Start by selecting pure & organic herbal oils for the process Ideally, coconut oil is one of the best choices for its viscosity and Lauric Acid content which helps in removal of toxins. The second best choice for oil-pulling can be Nirgundi Oil.
- On an empty stomach, take one tablespoon of any of the oils.
- Rinse it all through your mouth.
- Continue to do so for the next 15 to 20 minutes, moving the oil to different areas of the mouth.
- Spit the oil.
- And make sure you do not swallow any of it as it is loaded with toxins.
- Then you can proceed to brush your teeth or gargle with mouthwash to eliminate the oily texture in your mouth.
How Does Oil-Pulling Be Effective In Maintaining Youthful Looks?
When oil-pulling is carried out on an empty stomach first thing in the morning, it absorbs toxins that have accumulated in the mouth during the night. This has positive effects on various parts of the body, that is why the technique so popular.
- Helps In Acne, Rashes, Psoriasis, Eczema - Toxins in the body play a major role when it comes to the skin conditions and mouth is the way through which toxins often meet the body and bloodstream, which in turn affects the skin. As oil-pulling cuts toxins out of the body that helps clear the skin impurities which can further cause acne, dullness, and signs of aging.
- Helps In A Sound Sleep For Better Youthful Skin - This procedure will amazingly affect in the cases of insomnia. The balanced bacteria in the digestive system will ensure better sleep. And we all know beauty sleep is great to have beautiful skin by shedding of the old layers and regenerating with youthful one.
- Increases Blood Flow To Your Face - Oil pulling not only helps the skin from inside but also from outside because it will help in exercising the jaw muscles which in turn will also encourage a good blood circulation, which helps tighten your skin and smoothes out those smile lines and provides you with a youthful look.