A common term, family planning refers to the practice of planning a family which includes the number of kids a couple might plan to have, the time gap in between they are planning to have them, and when they want to stop having them. This is done by planning methods of contraception and voluntary sterilisation.
The planning is recommended to be done with the help of a specialist, i.e. a Gynaecologist. It is can help you in many ways including:
- Deciding upon the right kind of contraception for you and your partner.
- By eliminating any kind of wrong decision taken by the couple due to lack of proper information.
- By knowing your reproductive health better through certain methods of inspection.
- By helping with contraceptive methods like the Copper-T.
- By informing you of fertile days and other important things when you plan to conceive (or not).