Hair loss is one of the most concerned problems in men. The changed environment due to pollution, food choices, sun exposure and many other reasons like stress, tension and work pressure has increased the risk of this problem.
What causes hair loss in men?
There are many reasons that cause hair loss in men. Some of them are highlighted below:
- Male Hormone: Males have male hormones which is responsible for hair thinning and baldness in males.
- Stress: Noted by many experts as one of the most prevalent reasons for hair loss today, stress has a lot to do to your hair. It has been observed that men who lead their life under pressure – work or family, lose their hair early .
- Protein Deprivation: Yes, your diet has an important role to play in the terms of hair loss. Men, who do not have a proper diet that contains adequate amounts of protein, often have hair loss problems.
- Outdoor Effect: Excessive sun exposure, pollution, dirt and dust have also their respective roles to play when it comes to hair loss in men. That is why in the metro cities, men have more problem of hair loss than men in rural areas.
- Genetic Causes: It is noted that genes have also a role in hair loss. Men who have family members with baldness often get it .
Signs of hair loss in men:
Different from of hair fall show different signs which cannot miss the eye of an expert dermatologist :
- Androgenetic Alopecia (patterned baldness): There is a recession of hairline and decreased density at crown area.
- Alopecia areata: Coin sized patchy hair loss in otherwise healthy people.
- Scarring alopecia : Patient may complain of itching and burning in scalp.
While some factors are really out of your hand (though fixed easily by treatment) you can try following some tips to prevent hair loss.
- Proper diet: Balance your diet properly. Ensure that you have proper intakes of vitamins and proteins in your food.
- Use of products: Choose your hair products wisely and use them moderately .
- Hair protection: Protect your hair from dirt, dust and pollution.
- Avoid hair oil application.
- Daily shampooing.
Treatment depends upon your history and scalp examination.
1. Multivitamins for hair fall with oral medication for targeted therapies like anti androgens.
2. Hair growth peptides.
3. Non surgical options like mesotherapy, PRP, hair growth stimulation laser, micro needling, scalp threads.
Mesotherapy is a brilliant hair fall treatment in which we impart a combination of various nutrients and medication which will boost hair growth naturally. An amalgamation of essential nutrients, vitamins and other growth factors carefully chosen to suit your particular condition.
Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy
PRP or Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy is a popular treatment method for hair fall which involves drawing patient’s blood same as done for a blood test. The blood drawn from patient is then processed to make it platelet rich. Now, this platelet rich blood is inserted via an injection into the problem areas of skin to organically support hair growth because of the growth factors present in the platelet rich blood.