- Swarna Prashana also known as Swarna bindu prashana is an unique Ayurvedic preparation that is known to enhance the immune power of human body.
- Swarna means gold and Prashana refers to act of consuming.
- Swarna Prashana is therefore recommended to be taken immediately after birth and continued till the age of 16 years.
Importance of Pushya Nakshatra For Swarna Prashana
- It is recommended that Swarna Prashnam should be taken on pushya nakshatra.
- Pushya refers to nourishment and pushya nakshatra is one of the most auspicious of the 27 nakshatras. The symbol of pushya nakshatra is the cow udder.
- If observed on the pushya nakshatra, the stars in the sky appear in an arrangement that that creates cow udder. Cow udder is associated with nourishment and so the Swarna Prashana is taken on pushya nakshatra to get optimum nourishment and benefits.
- Swarna Prashana can be consumed on any other day, however, the efficacy can vary and it may not be as effective as pushya nakshatra.
- Swarna Prashana (Suvarna Prashana) is made using swarna bhasma (gold ash) mixed with honey and cow ghee containing herbal extracts like vacha, brahmi, shankhpushpi, all of which show strong immune boosting properties.
Uses of Swarna Prashana
- Boosts Immune system
- Enhances Memory
- Improves Digestion
- Nourishes the skin
- Reduces mental agitation
- Improves hearing and vision
- Improves overall physical and mental Health
Action Of Swarna Prashana
1. Boosts Immune system:
- Swarna Prashana contains pure gold in the form of ash and some other herbs that are known to enhance the immune power of the body.
- Infants and children up to the age of 5 years have a low Immunity and hence are vulnerable to infections. Administration of Swarna Prashana in recommended doses can help to build a strong Immunity and reduce chances of common infections such as cough, cold and fever.
2. Enhances Memory:
- Swarna Prashana can improve attention and the grasping power in children.
- It is also known to enhance the memory.
- Swarna Prashana seems to be very important for improving brain health in children.
3. Improves Digestion power:
- Swarna Prashana accelerates the process of digestion and hence improves the absorption of essential nutrients from food.
- Many children often suffer from gastric discomfort and reduced appetite. Swarna Prashana improves appetite and thus promotes healthy body growth.
4. Nourishes the skin:
- Swarna Prashana expels the unwanted toxins from the body causing total body detoxification. It also improves the blood circulation which further results in improved skin texture and imparts glow to the skin.
5. Reduces mental agitation:
- Due to its calming effects on mind, Swarna Prashana seems extremely beneficial in children with special needs such as autism, learning difficulties, attention deficit disorder and hyperactivity.
6. Improves hearing and vision:
- Swarna Prashana is known to improve the sense of hearing and vision.
7. Improves overall physical and Mental Health:
- Swarna Prashana improves the blood circulation in the body and also stimulates the nervous system, thereby leading to overall good physical and Mental Health.