Multani mitti is the most natural skin care product and can provide great benefit to the skin when applied in a correct manner.
Here are 8 ways in which you can use Multani mitti:
- Dry skin: Mix with fresh cream/ malai and Chandan (sandalwood powder) and apply for 20 minutes, don't wait for it to dry completely. Rub gently and remove with lukewarm water after 20 minutes of application. Use once a week.
- Oily skin: Mix with lemon/ orange juice and apply till the paste completely dries up on the face and changes colour. Wash with cold water. Use thrice a week.
- Normal skin: Mix with cucumber/ tomato/ apple juice and apply till it dries. Wash with normal water. Use twice a week.
- Blackheads and pimples: Mix with water and apply a thick paste for as long as possible. An overnight application will shrink a pimple fastest.
- Hair conditioning (For migraine/ dry hair): Mix with milk and apply on scalp and hair for 30 minutes and wash with lukewarm or cold water as per weather.
- Tan removal: Mix with mashed banana and apply on tanned area. Allow to dry completely and rinse.
- Wrinkles and loose skin: Mix with honey and rice flour and apply for 1 hour. Do not talk, smile or give any expressions till the mask is off your face. Wash with ice cool water.
- Dark circles: Mix with almond oil + Vitamin E or potato juice or rose water and apply a thin layer twice a day for 15 minutes. Rinse with ice cool water.