Hemorrhoids are swollen and inflamed blood vessels around the anus or in side the lower rectum. Haemorrhoids are of two types:
- External haemorrhoids: It forms under the skin around the anus.
- Internal haemorrhoids: It forms in the lining of the anus and inside the lower rectum.
Symptoms of haemorrhoids depend on the type of haemorrhoid. External hemorrhoid symptoms include anal itching, discomfort and prolapse. Internal hemorrhoid symptoms include rectal bleeding and prolaps. According to a report, the major causes of haemorrhoids are certain food habits, constipation, a low fibre diet, and ageing.
Here are 7 ways to cure haemorrhoids naturally:
1. Drink plenty of water: Water not only hydrates the body but also helps food move along the digestive system. Without adequate water, the stool is likely to be hard and difficult to pass. Water intake in morning before defecation stimulate the peristalsis movement which helps to flush the toxins out and take care of mental hunger easily. Ideally, you should drink at least 8 glasses of water a day. Do not count artificially sweetened beverages as part of this count as they can actually cause constipation instead of ease it.
2. Eat fiber-rich foods: A bad diet is one the key factors triggering constipation. Fibre not only fills the stomach but also helps add bulk to your stool making it easier to pass. Ideally, a person should have 20-40 grams of fibre a day. If you suffer from chronic constipation, you can increase this amount a little as well. As an easy way to increase your fibre consumption is ensure that you eat some form of raw salad with every meal. Other foods that are rich in fibre are oats, almonds, cereals, beans, lentils and fruits.
3. Do regular exercise and Yoga: Strong and toned intestinal and abdominal muscles helps to easy evacuation of bowel. Exercise and Yoga make them strong and toned. Kapalabhati is specialized for the abdomen. It regulates body metabolism and helps to improve the appetite too. Some form of movement and exercise is imperative to keep the digestive system in prime working condition. Exercise and Yoga, especially are ideal to boost one's digestive health.
4. Avoid smoking and drinking alcohol: Nicotine isn’t the only thing that plays a role in your bowel movements. Smoking also lets a bunch of other naughty chemicals enter the system, some of which delay the breakdown of neurotransmitters thereby stimulating nerve and muscle activities which affects bowel movements and can lead to bowel cancer, IBS, heartburn, liver disease, peptic ulcers, Crohn’s disease and gall stones etc. Alcohol inhibits digestion, causes dehydration, depresses glucose metabolism, and compromises the functioning of the central and peripheral nervous systems. The cumulative impact of these factors is behind chronic constipation related to alcohol abuse.
5. Avoid spicy and fried junk foods: Hot spices have an abundance of healthful substances, including vitamins and antioxidants. They add rich flavour to your diet without many extra calories. People with haemorrhoids may hesitate to eat spicy foods out of fear that they will aggravate hemorrhoidal pain and itching or lead to rectal bleeding. While there is evidence that spices alone do not cause bleeding haemorrhoids, spicy foods may lead to stomach upset that intensifies haemorrhoid problems.
6. Take medications: Since Ayurvedic medicine involves a lot of changes in the diet and lifestyle, some remedies to prevent and treat hemorrhoids are fairly simple and lifestyle related.
Here we’ve listed down some of the common ayurvedic remedies to treat hemorrhoids.
- Panchasakara Churna
- Triphala Churna
- Haritaki Churna
- Asrhakuthara Rasa
- Arogyavardhini Vati
- Kumaryasava etc.
7. Correct bowel movement:
Finally, we can see here the major causes of hemorroids is constipation. We should always ready to correct bowel movement and get rid of from hemorrhoid. In this concern, we can take ginger tea or mint tea, small amounts of castor oil with milk, warm lemon water etc.