1. Genetics: It’s in the genes as they say and if hair loss – and male-pattern baldness – is in your genes, then, apart from cursing your ancestors, there isn’t that much you can do. Androgenetic Alopecia, to use the scientific term, or also called male-pattern hair loss (MPHL) is a common problem for men across the world, with nearly half the male population struggling with the issue by the time they hit middle age. A considerable percentage suffers from MPHL from their 20s. Once you see that U-shaped baldness appear, when you start losing your hair from the front, that is usually a sign of MPHL.
2. Stress: In today’s world, stress is a given. Whoever you might be, living a stress-free life has become next to impossible. Unfortunately, the more stress you take, the more it affects your health, with several dangerous diseases caused by the inability of human beings to take it a little easy. Stress is one of the key causes of hair loss in men. So, if you are noticing a sudden increase in hair in your drain, take a look back and see if you are under any extra stress because that could be the main reason.
3. Medicines: The older you get, the more medicines you inevitably end up taking. Unfortunately, most medicines come with some side effect or the other, especially if they are being prescribed for some of the more serious reasons. One of those side effects could be hair loss. So, if you do see a sudden surge in hair loss after just starting a particular medication, consult your doctor to see what the cause is and what can be done to prevent it.
4. Infections, illness: Infections, particularly of the fungal nature, is known to be a cause for hair loss. If you have recently been sick or undergone some major surgery, hair loss could be one of the by-products. Hair loss could also be caused by some other, more serious conditions, and it is always advisable to take that trip to your doctor’s to make sure everything is ok, especially if you experience sudden hair loss.
OVERUSE OF CHEMICAL-BASED HAIR PRODUCTS: Not all products that are sold in the supermarket in the hair care aisle are good for you. Most products, in fact, contain chemicals that, at the end of the day, damage your hair more than help them. So, finding the right products for your hair, or at least, not overusing the chemical based ones is quite vital.
5. Steroids: If you are one of those people who like to take anabolic steroids in order to bulk up or even if it is being taken on prescription, sometimes, those steroids can lead to hair loss in men.
6. Sleep: There is nothing more important to a human being than rest. A good night’s sleep is essential for a man to function, and if you are not getting the optimum amount of sleep under the optimum conditions, then hair loss could be a result. Getting good sleep helps the hair follicles to form and strengthen and keeps out stress as well, leading to that full head of hair you want and like. Lack of sleep is one of the major causes of hair loss for men under 25. So all you Millennials and younger ones, make sure you get your sleep!
7. Food intake: Diet is an essential component for healthy hair. The right amount of protein is important for strong hair, while an over-reliance on unhealthy, on-the-go food can lead to hair loss.