Accidents can happen any time, even at your home. While we should always hope for the best and be careful, being prepared for any unfortunate event is also important. For first degree accidents at home, always stock these 7 items in your first aid box:
- Band-aid – Keep waterproof bandages for cuts from blades and other sharp things. If the cut comes in contact with iron or harmful metal, get a tetanus injection within 48 hours.
- Dettol - Dettol or any other antiseptic liquid should be at home for cleaning minor wounds and cuts.
- Cotton - To apply antiseptic ointments and liquids to wounds or to clean them.
- Gauge - When the wound is too big for a band-aid, prefer gauge to hold cotton soaked with antiseptic liquid.
- Betadine Ointment - Antiseptic ointment for cuts and wounds.
- Silver Nitrate Ointment - Apply on burns after keeping the burnt skin under normal tap water for about half an hour.
- Cold Pack & Pain-relief sprays: For sudden spasms.
If you think the wound or injury requires an advanced treatment, don’t delay and take the patient to a hospital nearby.