Feathery Smooth and naturally glowing skin is a sign of good health and every woman dreams of achieving this flawless glow, but the question is how many women really put the effort in maintaining and if they do so the next question is that, Do they use proper and suitable methods?
According to Ayurveda, our body undergoes the Vata Dosha during winter. Vata Dosha affects your nervous system and it results in stagnation of circulation of blood and it further results in dry, rough and irritated skin.
Here are some tips to keep your skin glowing and smooth during winters:
- In winter when your skin is in the driest stage, you can replace your regular skin cleansing product with a Non-Comedogenic cleansing oil which does not block skin pores. Cleaning oil cleans away dirt and make-up can be washed off completely which will make your skin smooth and glowy.
- Avoid taking long hot baths and showers or using saunas during the winter month as hot water can rob the skin of its moisture. Instead, use moderate-temperature I.e. lukewarm water for shorter period of time.
- While taking bath add a few drops of essential oil may it be coconut oil, olive oil to the water to help moisturize the skin.
- Lubricate skin with essential oils or pure cocoa butter after bathing as cocoa butter is a natural alternative to petroleum-based moisturizers. Apply the oil or moisturizer when the skin is slightly damp because it will make moisturizer trapped in the skin rather than evaporating in the air.
- Exfoliate dry skin with a gentle body scrub as often as needed, three times a week should be sufficient. You can make exfoliator at home by grinding one or half cup of pine nuts and mixing two tablespoon oil in it.
- Drink lots and lots of water to keep your skin hydrated. In winters body sweats quite less as compared to summers and so we consume less water in winters which leads to the drying of skin.